Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Devil May Cry Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Kaede, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    WARNING! Obvious spiolers through out this discussion.

Ok, so I did a bit of research of late regardig Vergil Sparta from Devil May Cry. Yes, I'm a Vergil fan. Anyway, since I like Devil May Cry but have no access to the game, I cheated and watched the cutscenes and was a little disspappionted
    that Vergil was defeated by Dante. After seeing this, I didn't want to believe he was really gone and so it let mii to rampage through Google's links to find out what happend. I could only find theories from other fans. Some where quite interesting to read. One theory was that during DMC1, that last battle with Nelo Angelo (Vergil) and Dante when Dante defeated him, apparently that blue glowing light comming from Vergil was far too similar to his teleportation power rather then his light of demise. Other theories were this light purified his soul and transported Vergil back to the demon world where he was forced to posses minor demons in order to survive.
    (Which lead to other theories.)

Another mystery in the game is regarding Nero and Vergil. Many people seem to be arguing that Nero is Vergil's son. But after watching DMC1 and 3, I don't really believe this is true.
    Because in DMC3 Vergil and Dante were really young (Teenagers) when Vergil fought Mundus ( Which must have been the time Vergil was possessed or taken over by Mundus and therefore, in theory, could not have a child or any relationships for that matter. Besides, Vergil doesn't come across as a lovey dovey type since he's out to gain more power, he wouldn't have time or wouldn't even consider having a family.

But what really interested mii is I came across someone's theory on google not too long ago. They mention how DMC4 has so many clues regarding Vergil within Nero.
    The fact is how Nero said the words "Power, I need more power!" which is Vergil's line to the T. Some people believed this is because Nero was like his father, Vergil, but as i said preciously, i don't believe this is true. This person's theory had a much better opinion, If vergil was transported back to the demon world and was possessing things, maybe he found his way to Nero, since Nero would be a perfect vessel. Perhaps Vergil was too weak to fully take over Nero's body

However, I don't believe Vergil's demonic name, Nelo Angelo, sometimes pronounced as Nero Angelo was a coincidence.

Here's the links i found the theories on
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/265hle/vergils_connection_with_nero_devil_may_cry_fan/
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928376-devil-may-cry-4/44163637/483680949

What is your opinion regarding Vergil's fate?
    [​IMG]

#1 Kaede, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  2. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Nero is Vergil's son it is impossible to argue since Dante let Nero keep Yamato and is stated by capcom that he is Vergil's son in the Devil May Cry: 3142 Graphic Arts which is by Capcom.
    [​IMG]

Vergil was in Fortuna City shortly before the events of Devil May Cry 3. For those that don't know the chronological order of the games timeline is DMC3, DMC1, DMC4, DMC2. I have played all 4 games.

#2 Whitefang19, Jul 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I forgot about Fortuna city. I'm still confused with It though. Obvious spoiler but do you know who Nero's mother is?

4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I could never beat these games they're impossible. I needed to get my nephew to beat the bosses :rolleyes:

5. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Nero's mother is never mentioned as far as I remember and Nero was left at a orphanage when he was a baby. I think Nero's mother was killed by demons which I think was the final push that made Vergil wanting to seek power because he failed to protect those he loved.

#5 Whitefang19, Jul 9, 2016
  6. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I thought so. I also had a suspicion that Vergil was seeking power in order to protect someone. But now you've said that, it does make a lot of sense. I think everyone agrees that there needs to be another game explaining it in further detail. What would really make mii happy is having anime featuring Vergil or even another series with Nero in it. So far, the Anime has just Dante and Lady.

7. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Capcom is most likely to reveal Devil May Cry 5 at the tokyo game show and will most likely continue where Devil May Cry 4 left off so it will probably star Dante and Nero

#7 Whitefang19, Jul 9, 2016
  8. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Awwwe really? Hmm alright. Thanks! XD cleared some questions for Mii. XD

9. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I've only played DMC4 in the series. I think if I remember correctly the DMC series 1-3 is available on PSN while DMC4 and 5 are available on PS3 and X360

10. Zac the squid Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm not to certain but i think your able to get all the DMC series on XBox

11. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I've completed Devil May Cry 1 and 2, still have yet to finish 3. 3 is ridiculously hard. I enjoyed the first two. But, the second one, man that voice acting..

12. Zac the squid Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I was only ever able to purchase 4 where I live so I'm guessing I missed out on some amazing voice acting??

13. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Capcom Devil May Cry or the other Devil may Cry?

14. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @Zac the squid

No one has uploaded any of the cutscenes from the original game. But, you can see them from the HD remake if you want to hear how bad it was.

15. Zac the squid Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm not entirely sure I wanna hear anymore