Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Densha Otoko Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Metazoxan, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

Okay The club has finally been moved and everything is in order. Now at long last it's time to start the next Manga of the month Discussion that I postponed until after the move.

I'd like to try to finish this in a months time so we'll read about 6 chapters a week over 4 weeks except the last week which will have a couple extra. I hope everyone enjoys the new event.

2. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Sweet! I'll start reading as soon as I can since I was away the whole weekend

3. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I read the first 6 chapter last week but have not had a chance to comment till now.

So far I like it. From reading the summary I was expecting something else but I still like how its turning out. First of all I have to say that i would have beat the sh*t out of that old man if he did not calmed down after i talked to him first but thats just me. The things that I was not expecting is how everyone in the chat is very supportive and helpful towards Densha. Also, that was an incredible transformation he did in ch. 5.

Lastly can anyone explain why they are referring to each other as Densha and Hermes?

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    It's because this is based on a real story that apparently happened so Desha and Hermes are placeholders for their real names. There is another manga called Mr.Molester which is about a guy who gets mistaken for a stalker and stuff happens. Everyone in that one is also referred to by placeholder names.

But anyway it would seem like she's already interested in him so I'm intersted in seeing how this progresses. I notice her smiling at him alot when he isn't looking.

5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    if its alright, id like to share a little experience of that one.

i have watched the live action j-drama of this one and it was roller coaster ride for me. characters and the story were in harmony. i enjoyed every episode of it. you guys might enjoy the manga of it. since manga > anime > live action.

6. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ok that makes sense, I had a completely different idea as to why the author chose to do that lol. Well of course she is, if not she would have said no to the diner invite.
    Have you read the manga? If not, you could join in on the discussion since this is our first week and maybe compare between the two.

Also, I have to say my favorite part so far was when Hermes grabbed Densha's hand and he just stares at it then reacts all crazy about it lol

#6 obdriver6, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  7. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ch.6-12
    OMG can I just say that this guy is REALLY DENSE but at the same time I can understand why. In the mean time, he seems to have more confidence in himself. He's acting more natural when he's with Hermes.

8. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    weird I thought I already replied to this.. oh well.

Yeah he is rather dense but it's in a realistic way. Honestly if this happened to me I don't know if I'd relize on my own that she liked me. It's easier to understand things when you are an observer rather than a participant. Also I like how they aren't wasting time and moving things at a good pace. they've had 3 or 4 dates in 12 chapters! That has to be some kind of record in manga terms.

9. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I guess you're right and to tell you the truth I would probably be in the same boat lol but at the same time he's been on that many dates, exchanged who knows how many emails/text messages/calls and she asked him to walk her home after a date (when she's never done it before) and almost inviting him in (maybe)....... this is where I think to myself "hmm I think she likes me" but to top it all off, now she invited him over to her house, what more do you want.

10. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hey Ob know anyone you could bring into this thread to get discussion moving?

Anyway it's still moving at a pretty good pace. Densha was THIS CLOSE to confessing but then the dog killed the mood and he lost his nerve. But once again Hermers is throwing enough hints for him to drown in. Like at the end of chapter 16 where she complains about her body and casually mentions how she has no boyfriend.

In fact I guess you could say she's a
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    Clever girl.
    YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH

I'm sorry for making that joke.

11. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    That was hilarious. It took me a while to get it but once I got it, I bursted out laughing lol

Sorry Meta, I don't really know anyone :(. I guess we could tag the current members of the Manga Club but I think its a little late since we're in the final week but you never know. Maybe when the next manga nominee comes, we can star to tag non members to join in.

Ok now onto the discussion Ch13-18. It is moving at a good pace, not to fast and not to slow but enough to keep the story moving and at the same time keeping you interested. I still think they could have gotten together a while ago but thats just me. I know, stupid dog ruining the mood and that could have been the moment but no v_v
    Aaahhh yes the hints are strong in this one but Densha is to damn dense/naive to get them but from the looks of Ch. 17, it finally looks like they are about to confess their love to each other ^_^

12. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 19 was kinda dumb IMO. He went overboard throwing out EVERYTHING. It's not like he has to stop being an Otaku he just needs to get his hobby a little more under contol. Obviously get rid of the more erotic stuff. But the rest he should have kept.

13. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I get what you mean but at the same time, no girl wants to see that much anime related stuff. As much as I love anime, even I would be a bit creeped out if I saw that. He did keep the most important things. I've only read up to Ch 22 but the last 2 chapter (21-22) felt a little dull, I know its part of the story and its building momentum for the "final battle" but they were just blaaahh.

14. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I know but he got rid of like 90% of it. I think he could have kept at least 50 to 40 percent and kept the impression of "Oh he has a fair interest in anime. I have no reason to have a problem with that" as long as he gets rid of enough to where it's not coming accross as overly obssessed it should be fine.

15. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I still think that 40% is still a bit much, maybe 25%? That way, he can display 15% and hid the other 10%. Although I would have kept the manga/light novels.

Forgot to ask, will we only read up to Ch 24 or finish the series? I mean, there would only be 3 chapters left.

16. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    No I was just going to kind of stick those in with the last set.

17. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ok, that's what I was gonna suggest. So is this the last week before we start the nomination?

18. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Damn, it would have sucked if we had ended at Ch 24 cause that would have left a huge cliffhanger. I have to say this guy chose a great spot for his confession. I did get a bit emotional when they were both confessing to each other. What I wanted to see and thought would not happen was the fact that Densha showed Hermes the thread, I was definitely not expecting that. Overall, it was a pretty good read, it does move a bit slow at times but it has more than enough to make it up in other chapters. Lastly, I feel like this could be turned in to a really good movie, if its doesn't have one already.

19. Marhuto Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    So, I'm at chapter 7 of this manga.
    I'm really loving it. It has such a simple premise, but it's so interesting. So authentic.

20. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    sorry I'm late with finishing this with my thoughts. Got rapped up in some other stuff and kept telling myself "I'll get to it later" and you know how that goes.

I think Densha was torturing them on purpose on chapter 23. no one stretches something out that much and then stops. But in any case it was a great ending.

Overall I liked this story. Since it's based on a real story supossedly it had a more real feel to it. None of that "We won't admit we are dating until the last chapter". Sure they don't formally get together until the end but they do call their get togethers dates.. In other words the honestly of their feelings up to that point is refreshing compared to a lot of romances.