Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Dawn

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Guts, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    It's a normal day. Some may be working and others may be home, day off or or just getting in. Suddenly you hear sirens, not just one or two but entire squads of police, ambulance are followed and same with the fire team. An isolated incident where someone got gunned down for eating a human. A week later, it happens again, still writing it off as an isolated incident.

Finally we skip to now. You may be out, You may be working, you may be at home. Whatever you're doing you will not see what is coming next. An outbreak is starting and you will be a spectator in some way. Not everyone will see the same incident but you will we an incident. The time and place is up to you and the where and when is as well.

This outbreak started in Texas, Houston being the epicenter of it all. Everyone will start here and we could venture out.

Character creation

Name
    Survival skills

#1 Guts, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  2. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Name: Marcus
    Weapon(s): M1911 (at home not on him)
    Survival skills: Basic can start a campfire and hunt, also some tracking.

3. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Name: Alice
    Weapons: M1911 at home, a concealed hunting knife 6"
    Survival skills: None

4. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    "Hey Alice, Try to avoid the news today. Ignore the sirens too, don't let what's going on scare you too much. I'm sure every hospital in the states is looking for something to prevent what's going on."

Marcus said as he was heading out the door. He was dressed in jeans and a black t shirt. He worked a factor job mostly unloading pallets and loading them onto a truck, mostly heavy lifting. He lit up a cigarette and already had a coffee in his hand. In between dips he would take a drag. Marcus wasn't a morning person.

While he was walking from the too floor of his apartment It was silent, no noise going on behind most doors. It was a typical Sunday morning people were either asleep or in church. Neither of which Marcus was, he wasn't religious and he couldn't sleep... Once he hit the bottom floor of the building he walked to the parking lot and fumbled around in his pocket for his keys. Once he found them he immediately got into his car.

He started to drive off to his job however once he hit the highway it was closed off, turning around he tried to take a side road. It was also blocked off. He finally reached a police blockade and saw an officer standing outside to direct the traffic though no one seemed to be around he was sitting there.

Marcus rolled down his window and shouted.

"Excuse me sir, What the hell is going on?"

The officer walked over to Marcus' car and leaned his head in.

"Roads are blocked. Not sure if you've seen what's going on in the news recently but it was another one of those attacks."

Marcus got a little frustrated at what he was being told but none the less he accepted it.

"Another person eating people alive? What is this world coming to? Alright well I guess there isn't a way to get to downtown Houston so I can't get to work. Thanks for your help officer."

The cop tilted his hat and walked away as Marcus backed up and started to head home. He had his phone out in case alice called him.

5. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Alice watched as Marcus left for work. "I wish you didn't have to go..." She said after the door had shut. But it's not like he could stay. One of them had to bring in money since she couldn't go back to work. It was hard enough leaving the apartment when Marcus had taken her out to eat for her birthday.

With out anything better to do, she went back to their bedroom and plopped herself in front of the computer. It was already running so she simply clicked the game icon and waited as the program loaded. She didn't need to see the news, all she had to do to replay that horrible moment was to shut her eyes. She doubted she'd ever be able to eat chinese take-out again.

That guy wanted to have some Barbara for dessert. He really... "Took her Out."

The woman had been a horrible manager... but still... it... Alice's hands flew to the sides of her head and she screwed her eyes shut as she tried to force the memories away. She'd still tried to save the wretched woman. Her right palm still had the white scar from clutching that piece of ceramic that hard. Her hands shook as she fled from the bedroom and into the kitchen. Her hands shook as she fumbled a hidden pack of Marcus's cigarettes out of a drawer and took a couple tries before it lit. The acrid smoke that she breathed in burned her throat and lungs causing her to cough until it felt like she was going to throw up.

Opening the refrigerator revealed the bare essentials. There was an average stock in there, but the one think she really wanted was missing. Alcohol. After the second week of her being black out drunk Marcus had gotten rid of all of it. All she wanted, was to forget.

6. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Marcus decided to grab his phone and call Alice. It seemed to ring about 3 or 4 times, before she got around to picking up the phone. He heard her soft voice. "Hello"

"Hey Alice, I'll be getting out of work early today. So I'll be home around 11 or 12, just gotta run some errands while I'm out. Want anything specific From the market today or you don't really care for anything?"

7. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Name: Sylvia
    Weapon(s): on her non, can access weapons
    Survival skills: Basic knowledge of survival, hunting, gathering, shelter, etc. Her father is retired from the military and he taught her everything she knows to survive

8. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    "I... I don't know. Hold on." She began to rummage around through cabinets and drawers. "No... I can't think of anything." She sat back down on the floor, the phone held against her ear and her knees up to her chest. She didn't say anything for a while.

"I guess... I'll see you when you get back. Be safe." She hung up the phone and threw it across the room. Hugging her knees tighter to her, she sat there in turmoil. Her emotions flung around and she doubted why she even felt any of them to begin with. The overwhelming urge to smash her head against a rather hard surface until there was a loud crack, and then nothing at all.

WHY AM I THINKING LIKE THIS! She screamed at herself mentally. If only Marcus could be here. Then at least she wouldn't be alone with her thoughts.

9. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Marcus parked the car and ran into the store. Everything seemed absolutely fine because it was fine. He got what he needed and paid for it. It was around $150.

It was a half of what he needed for next. Basic deli meats, milk, peanut butter and jelly, some snacks. He hauled it all back to his car and snuck in an extra purchase. As he was driving home he saw the flashing of red and blue lights rushing in the opposite direction. Marcus thought to himself. "Another one?"

He continued on his way home and brought everything in 1 haul. Knocking on the door He waited for Alice to open up and when she did he handed her the bouqet of red roses he got for her.

"I know you've been feeling down. So, I thought maybe I could get you something to lift your spirits? I know what you saw was scary but it's done and over with. Besides I'm home now so let's just hang out for now."

Marcus smiled and walked in after she took the bouqet. He placed the groceries on the counter and waited for Alice.

10. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Name: Dallas
    Weapon(s): Winchester 1887; collection of knives
    Survival skills: Has basic survival and construction skills along with knowledge of medicinal herbs.

11. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Red, scarlet red. The color of blood from an artery. Alice stared at the roses that Marcus had pushed into her hands. The crinkling of the plastic and the smell of fresh flowers took up her world, combating the visions of what felt it was just yesterday.

She closed the door, plastered a smile on her face and approached Marcus. "Thank you, Marki."

She hugged him and held on, refusing to let go.

"What are they letting you out early for?" She asked him, slowly turning them so that she could get a look inside the bag. If he bought her roses, then maybe he'd gotten some wine to go with it.

12. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    "I couldn't even get to work Alice. The roads were blocked off They said it was another isolated incident. Could have been riots. I have no clue, So you have me for the day. Whatever you feel like doing, we can."

He noticed Alice was looking in the bag. He was assuming He got her alcohol. He let out a sigh from the haul upstairs. And grabbed a hold of her. He didn't need to speak to let her know that he was there for her.

"I didn't buy anything that would hurt your liver. No alcohol, no wine. I just got some snacks And deli meat. We were starting to run low on both. Just don't worry about anything. I've got the day off so today is your day. Tell me what do you want to do?"

13. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Dallas spent his day as he had many others, managing the stock of his local supermarket and doing whatever his supervisor asked of him. Despite the incidents that had occurred around the city, things were running fairly smoothly at the store-- although there had been a noticeable drop in the number of customers in the last few days. Everyone in the store knew why. People were afraid to come out of their homes. A sense of unease and dread hung heavy in the store as increasingly grim news broadcasts came through on the radio, but strangely enough, Dallas wasn't affected by this in the slightest. In fact, he was in unusually high spirits today, something his supervisor couldn't help but notice as he approached.

"Hey, Dallas."

Dallas turned to face the middle-aged man.

"We're closing up the store early today...I don't think I have to tell you why."

This was the first event that put a damper in Dallas' attitude for the day and his expression turned to one of disappointment.
    "Well, ain't that a shame. We don't get to work anymore."
    He then went back to restocking the shelves. He figured he might as well finish what he started before leaving.

His boss gave him a curious look.
    "That's funny, everyone else was perfectly fine with having a day off. Some were even thankful, given the circumstances."

Dallas let out a low, unsettling laugh as he turned back to the man.
    "That's because they don't get it, man. They should be making the most of the time they have here instead of listening to their precious news stations and worrying about things they can't change. Even if they're just doing a boring job at a local store, they should try to enjoy the life they have while they still can. Because you never know when even that much is gonna get snatched out from under you. Do you get what I'm saying?"

His boss slowly nodded.
    "I...guess I do? You're saying that we should treasure life and live each day to the fullest, right?"

Dallas busted out in laughter at the response.
    "I'm talking about the end of the world, man! Make no mistake, the end is coming and it's gonna be here real soon. It might even be here already, for all I know. So we gotta enjoy these days while we've got 'em."

This time his boss chuckled slightly.
    "Oh, come on. These are just some isolated incidents, things will calm down soon enough and order will be restored. Life will go on just like always."

Dallas shook his head and clicked his tongue.
    "Not this time, you mark my words. I've already seen what it looks like, I've already known...what it feels like. See, you put your hope in order but you gotta understand that order will fail you, my friend. It's breaking apart at the seams, can you see the cracks? Soon enough, everyone will see the world for what it is and become wanderers in chaotic world, just like me. The only way to survive is to accept that fate."

His boss, who had become increasingly concerned and even horrified when he realized Dallas wasn't joking, took on a firm tone as he replied.
    "What's going on with you today? I've never seen you act like this before. What you're saying, it's...it's crazy talk. You sound like a mental patient! So just stop it. Stop it, alright?!"

Dallas smiled widely and patted the man on the shoulder.
    "You've closed your eyes to the truth. And that's why...you're not gonna make it, man. I'm real sorry to hear that."
    Leaving his boss stunned with a look of horror, he casually made his way out of the building and left for home.

14. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    OOC: Let's push this to the fateful night, shall we? Sorry for late reply, I've been abnormally busy lately :/

"Anything I want to do?" Alice asked inquisitively? Looking up into Marcus's eyes she raised an eyebrow. "Well alright then."

They spent the day watching movies, snuggling on the couch, playing video games and relaxing in bed for a few hours. As night began to fall they made a small but satisfying dinner and then relaxed on the couch.

15. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Marcus was getting tired as they watched tv when he looked over he saw that Alice fell asleep holding onto his arm and resting her head on his shoulder. He let her remain in that position the best he could and then got off the couch and on his knees. Lifting her up he carried her to the bedroom and laid her down. He put blankets over her so she wouldn't get cold as he turned the ac on simultaneously. Though he turned it on low so she could still hear everything going on in the house.

Marcus walked over to the dresser and reached into the first draw. He picked up his m1911 And u loaded the clip. Pulling the chamber back he caught the bullet as it fell out. Resting the bullet and the magazine in the top drawer he walked into the kitchen. Under the kitchen sink He grabbed his cleaning kit and began dissassembling his gun. A few hours went by. 4 at most when suddenly Marcus heard something peculair. "Footsteps, at this hour? It's heading to our door." Marcus got up and snuck into the bathroom. He silently cracked the door from the bathroom and looked to see what was going on.

A man was sneaking into their apartment. 10A. He saw the man. He was topheavy stood around 6'2" He tried his hardest to silence his footsteps but he clearly had an awkward center of gravity. Though someone sleeping wouldn't hear him moving until... Creeeaaaakkkkkk. Alice spring up from out of her sleep and got up. She walked silently and slowly towards the exit of the bedroom and called out. "Marcus? Sweetie, is that you?" she continued walking and then suddenly. Out of the shadows this man jumped right onto her. Alice began to struggle, she was fighting instantly. Meanwhile the man was reaching for his belt. Alice started screaming it became hectic. While everything was going on Marcus was opening the bathroom door. He never got undressed so he was still wearing his outfit for the day. Boots included. Once he snuck up behind the man. He kicked him right off her. Right in the ass. Before he could get up. Marcus got right on top of him and slammed his head into the hard wood. Once, twice, three times. His nose just finally broke. Blood was beginning to leak. Just suddenly the man got enough strength to get Marcus off of him. But not enough to get to his feet.

Marcus came tumbling off but quickly recovered. He kicked him right in the stomach. Knocking all of the wind out of him. And then started launching kicks to his face. All you heard was the sound of the kick hitting the man and this head hitting the back of the dresser. Though the man was unconscious at this point it didn't stop Marcus.

Alice only felt the blood spatter on her before she turned away in horror. She couldn't believe what was going on but in a sense she was grateful. Then she heard it. The cracking of bones. When she turned around she saw Marcus' jeans, boots, and bottom half of his shirt covered in blood. Some of it hit his face not much though. She saw Marcus' boot perfectly indenting the suspects neck. She knew then he killed him. In shock her eyes widened and after the snap her world went silent. The blood began to look from his orifices and onto the floor. She backed away to a safe distance as her gaze broke Marcus she stared at the blood... She began to think. "Not again. Please, not again."

"A.....lic....eeee." her world was frozen. "Al.....ic....ce" she couldn't hear him then suddenly marcus walked up to her and grabbed a hold of her and hugging her.
    "Alice... I know you can hear me. I need you right now to get out of the room." her clothes had bloodstains from his hands but she responded well enough. She responded reluctantly and walked with Marcus out of the room. Before he got out he grabbed his magazine and bullet.

He brought Alice to the table as he finished up the gun. He loaded it immediately after and got back to Alice. "Come on Alice we gotta get out of here. Leave the body we're going to my families farm."

He rushed to the door and waited for her to move on out. Holstering his gun he waited for her. To get behind him. He watched down the corridor in case anyone tried to come down it.

16. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    As Marcus ushered her out of their apartment, she glanced back at the still body in their hallway. The blood was barely visible; a small pool glinted dully in the kitchen light. The man's neck at an odd angle and his face was pretty much just a dark mass with no features and a mouth that hung open more than any normal human's. Then the door shut and Marcus was pulling her down the stairs.

"W-Wait!" She said in a trembling voice. "Marcus we... we should call the police. Someone heard. Someone had to have heard. They'll call 911. The police will come and... and..." She paused, her mind working to bring as much as she could remember from all of those crime dramas. "We just fled the scene. They'll put us both in jail!"

As she was saying all of this, her gaze was held by the red splatters on his clothes and boots. The bloody footprints he left behind. A hand went up to her cheek and came away with a smear of red on her fingers. The dead man's blood. Her manager having her throat torn out by a man's teeth. Her blood spilling and spurting all over the buffet, mixing with the food there. Red roses, plants sporting the blood of humanity. A color as hard as an iron bar.

"Lord, I need something to drink," she whispered plaintively.

17. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Dallas was walking down a dark alley, wandering the streets to pass the time as he was still unable to go back to work and he needed something to relieve his boredom. His slow, meandering gait and his thousand-yard stare was quite unsettling to the people he passed by. But even worse than that was just how apathetic he looked compared to the look of worry and dread that most other people held, people who couldn't understand how Dallas could look so calm in this time of crisis.

Things changed, however, when he wandered down one particular alleyway that night. Dallas bumped into someone, shaking him out of his reverie and out of curiosity, he turned to see who it was he bumped into. It was a man who stood a little over six feet tall; it seemed like he was trying to keep his head down to avoid notice and Dallas couldn't help but notice that he averted his eyes right away. The man looked suspicious, to be sure. He was just about to run away when Dallas, with a wide grin on his face, called out to him.
    "Sorry 'bout that, I must not have been paying attention. But since I've got you here for a second, let me ask you something."
    The man, knowing that he would look even more suspicious if he just ran away now, gave a slight nod and replied.
    "What's that?"
    Dallas' smile grew wider.
    "Do you believe in fate?"
    The man, who had slowly been creating some distance in the meanwhile, gave Dallas a confused look and sprinted away when he had the chance. Dallas laughed and spoke out loud to nobody in particular.
    "I'll take that as a no. That boy had some evil intentions in his eyes, I can tell. But personally, I do believe in fate...so I don't think this was just a coincidence."
    His mood lightened as he tracked the man from a distance. He seemed to be heading towards an apartment complex. Dallas took a sudden interest in the events that were about to unfold and decided to stay in the vicinity.

When the man made his way into apartment 10-A, Dallas couldn't contain his curiosity anymore and made his way towards the room, listening in from one of the nearby hallways. There were screams and what sounded like an intense fight coming from inside which amused Dallas to no end. Soon after, a random passerby was walking down the hall and he questioned Dallas.
    "What's going on? I thought I heard screams."
    Dallas, thinking fast, responded to the man's question in a calm and collected manner.
    "The neighbors had their TV turned up a little too loud, that's all."
    "Are you sure? They sounded like real screams to me."
    Dallas casually laughed it off.
    "It's crazy, right? They've got some really nice surround sound speakers."
    The man had a worried expression.
    "I don't know, man...I think we should call--"

He was abruptly cut off when Dallas grabbed him by the collar with both hands and slammed him against the wall. His expression now deadly serious, he whispered to the man in a tone filled with malice.
    "You're a little slow on the uptake, aren't you? Well, that's alright...I'm gonna make this nice and clear for you so there's no more confusion."
    He tightened his grip, nearly choking the man in the process.
    "You heard nothing. Alright? You came up here to investigate and it turns out you heard nothing. At. All. Do you get it now?"
    The man did his best to nod and squeaked out a barely audible "yes" in response. Dallas smiled widely once again.
    "Good man."
    He then threw the man to the floor. The man got up and caught his breath before recoiling in horror as he looked into Dallas' eyes. Dallas pointed towards the exit and continued.
    "Now get out."
    The man complied and Dallas soon left as well, figuring that whoever was still in the apartment might be coming out soon. As he did, he chuckled and muttered under his breath.
    "I'm already having more fun than I've had in years. If this is what the end of the world looks like then let's hope the world keeps on turning and burning."

18. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Marcus was extremely cautious as he made his way downstairs and out of the apartment complex. Each corner he aimed his gun down the corridor and space himself enough so if anyone tried anything he could shoot. Stairwell by Stairwell he made his way down. Until they finally hit the ground floor. It seemed all the neighbors heard the screams too as they were waiting for someone to come out the front. Marcus had to think quickly and so he did. He holstered his gun.

"Alice stay here. There is a chance that they will arrest me while going outside. There is also a chance I will need to pull my gun. Move safely and make sure no one sees you exit the building."

Marcus walked over and turned the door handle. Opening the door he was greeted to most of his neighborhood. They knew something went on but to see Marcus covered in blood made them terrified. Immediately they questioned him. "W-what happened Marcus. Why are you so bloody?!"

Marcus was calm as he gathered his thoughts. "Listen, I was just upstairs and getting ready for bed. I heard some heavy footsteps as they made their way up the stairs. They were drawing closer to my apartment so I hid in the bathroom. Someone picked the lock on my door or we forgot to lock it. One of the two. And a man came sneaking into my house. He tried to hurt Alice. I know you all would have done the same as me if your loved one was being assaulted. I threw him off of her and I continued to beat him. I know I'm bloody and i know this looks bad. But I'm telling the truth. Just let me go, and don't hold me."

Marcus Neighbors all turned to look at each other. And then back at Marcus. They knew Marcus was telling the truth. "Listen buddy, we know you're not lying but please let us help you. Please just turn yourself in we will ride you to the station."

Marcus visibly got angry.

"Why should I turn myself in when some son of a bitch just tried to force himself onto my woman. You people are you cowards who won't stand up for the ones you love?!" His neighbors interuppted. "Now Marcus that's enough!"

Marcus knew he had no other choice. They were trying to surround him and pin him down. He thought as quickly as possible but in the end he had to draw his gun. Aiming it at the men of his neighborhood They stood down.

"Back up, I said back up!" Marcus fired a shot in the ground right next to the men. Marcus started to make his way to his car and kept his weapon drawn the entire time. As he walked away he noticed a person who was seemingly walking off. He was staring at Marcus for most of what was happening but he just noticed it now. "Why was he so interested" he thought to himself as this man was walking away. "Did he know this was coming?"

Marcus waited at the car for Alice with his gun at the ready.

19. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Sylvia was an early riser, she would get up at the crack of dawn and start her morning routine. Today she went and visited her father, who lived an hour away. After taking the drive to see him, they spent some time at the shooting range testing out some new guns he had ordered for his collection. The topic of what was going on came up and the two of them discussed the possibilities of what could happen. Her father warned her to be very careful and if she ran into trouble, gave her the codes to his safes, which were well stocked. It was about 2:00 when she decided it was time to head back home. She gave her father a hug and kissed him on the cheek and bid him farewell before hopping in her car and drove home. Along the way, some of the roads were closed, which resulted in her taking the long way home. She parked her car and headed into her 2nd story apartment to change. She would have dinner at her favorite restaurant by the lake, then take a jog through the park and home. She would often spend hours sitting at the lake feeding the ducks and think about everything. This evening she thought about what her father had told her.
    "Is it really gonna get that bad?"
    she asked herself quietly while tossing a piece of bread to the lonely duck in the back who was fighting to get past the others for food.
    "here you go little fellow"
    she smiled. The sun had already set and it would take her at least an hour to jog home. She looked at her watch and decided it was time to go. She put her headphones in and put on her playlist and started off. It would seem odd for a girl of her size to be jogging late in the evening like that, but she never left the house unprepared, her father taught her well in self defense.
    As she got closer to her apartment, she couldn't help but spot a crown of people outside of a building. She slowed her pace as she got a little closer, was this one of those attacks again? she thought to herself. As she neared, she didn't see the man passing and bumped right into him. She took it as being her fault and quickly took out her headphones
    "I'm terribly sorry, I wasn't paying attention and didn't see you, are you alright"
    her eyes averted towards the crowd, should she take that way home or another. This man seemed to be coming from that direction, maybe he knows what happened.
    "Umm sorry to ask, but do you know whats going on over there? thats usually my way home, but if its another attack, I'll take a different way"

20. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Dallas had an almost awestruck look on his face when the young girl bumped into his shoulder.
    "Twice in the same day. Now, that just can't be a coincidence."
    He was still looking towards the scene in front of him and hadn't yet addressed her in particular, but she could easily hear him thinking out loud. With a bemused look, Dallas turned to face the newcomer and replied.
    "Well, that is an interesting couple of questions that you've just given me. "Am I alright?" See, that's a very difficult question to answer; while I don't have any sort of physical ailments to speak of, I would say it's been quite some time since I've been...alright. But you don't need to trouble yourself over that."
    He began to slowly pace back and forth, taking a moment to ponder before continuing.
    "As for your second question, I would venture a guess that there has, indeed, been some sort of attack, though it might not be exactly what you're thinking of. Or maybe it is. I can't say for sure; the only thing I can tell you with any kind of certainty is that there are some very significant events taking place right here before us...just as I'm sure that we have been brought to this place for a reason."
    He clapped his hands together, smiling widely. Despite his rather unstable mind, he still had some sort of eerie charisma about him, the kind that more often than not kept people around long enough to hear what he had to say.
    "Well now, I do believe I've rambled on long enough...I think it's my turn to ask a question. Do you believe in fate, young lady?"