Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Dark Souls III

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Guts, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    If you're familiar with me you know that I am a major fan of Miyazaki games. Bloodborne up until recently was arguably my favorite soulsborne game. It's atmosphere was absolutely captivating. That being said, let's get right into the review for Miyazaki's ending title for the souls series.

Dark souls III
    Dark souls 3 wasn't so much as a pleasant surprise but more so an epic conclusion. It took from its predecessor's and expanded on it. It created a masterpiece. This is the best souls game I've played to date.

Gameplay
    The gameplay is similar to dark souls 1 mixed with Bloodborne and a touch of 2. Thank God they got rid of adaptability and the hollow lockout on HP Bar. Instead they give you enkindled form which raises your max HP. and Hollowing is now a choice instead of a given. 5 free levels for hollowing so worth. Removing the sigil is pricey though. I have beaten the entire game this time around. And let me say some of the bosses are harder than ever. I didn't have much difficulty however. Save for nameless king and soul of Cinder.

Soundtrack
    Is it even a concern at this point. Fromsoftware is synonymous with beautiful soundtracks. Each boss fight has such an amazing sound to it. Nameless king and pontiff sullyvahn are some of the best songs. But to be honest all of the tracks are simply amazing.

This review is short because getting too in depth would be creating too many spoilers. The world is what we have come to expect of Miyazaki and it is what we all love about him. This is my absolute favorite soulsborne game.

10/10

2. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I'll play DSIII when it goes on sale on Steam....and when I actually manage to beat DSI

Also, I better not hear any "git gud" comments towards me. It's called learning. Furthermore, I'd bet my life savings that you were as shit as I was when you first started

3. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I don't have to say it. You already said it. :3 but yeah I got my ass whooped for a while in 3. Took me a bit to get adjusted but then it got really easy. Just like souls 1 except souls 1 had a bullshit fight called Ornstein and smough.