Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

D.Gray-man Manga Gets New TV Anime Series in 2016

Discussion in 'Manga News' started by Vladnyx, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Sheisha revealed at the Jump Festa event in Chiba on Sunday that Katsura Hoshino's D.Gray-man manga is getting a new TV anime adaptation that will premiere in 2016. Shueisha also launched a website for the new series, which is streaming a promotional video.

The website revealed that Ayumu Murase (Haikyu!!'s Shōyō Hinata, The irregular at magic high school's Shinkurō Kichōji) will play Allen Walker and Shinnosuke Tachibana (Kamisama Kiss' Tomoe, Overlord's Peroroncino) will play Howard Link. Sanae Kobayashi had played Allen in the previous series, and Daisuke Kishio had played Howard.

The website and official Twitter account have also revealed a key visual. The tagline on the key visual reads, "I want to live. Even if I destroy you."
    [​IMG]
    The anime will have a stage program at the Anime Japan 2016 event in Tokyo in March.

The first 103-episode anime series aired from 2006-2008. Funimation released the anime on Blu-ray and DVD in North America.
    [​IMG]
    Hoshino's D.Gray-man manga is set in an alternative fantasy version of the early 20th century and revolves around Allen Walker, a young man who becomes an exorcist for a group called the Black Order. The group attempts to protect mankind from the evil Millennium Earl.

Hoshino originally launched the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 2004, but the manga went on hiatus numerous times due to the author's health. The series then resumed in Jump Squaremagazine in 2009. The manga's latest hiatus had been ongoing since 2013, but the manga resumed in the new Jump Square Crownquarterly magazine when the magazine launched on July 17. Shueisha published the manga's 24th volume in November 2013, and the manga has more than 22.5 million copies in print.

Viz Media is releasing the manga series in English and released the 24th manga volume in August 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
  3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Yes I was just as shocked by the news. Also if your a fan of Berserk it's also getting a new adaption although they still haven't confirmed if it'll be a tv series,OVA, or ect. But I created a thread on that as well if your interested in checking that out.

4. Kira Your Lord and Savior Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!!!! I have been waiting 5 years for this shit! FINALLY!

5. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    New cast, continuation of the first anime and a release for this year? I knew that it was coming but I never though it would happen, just like that new Berserk anime

6. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The question is, will Funi dub the rest of the first anime if they get the rights to this one?