Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Crunchyroll to Add Monster Strike the Movie Anime Streaming

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Sir-Maddy, May 26, 2017.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Crunchyroll announced on Friday that it will stream the Monster Strike The Movie anime film beginning on June 2. The stream will be available worldwide outside of Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

The film opened in December and topped the Japanese box office in its first weekend. The film tells a prequel story before the events of the net anime series.

Crunchyroll is also streaming the Monster Strike net anime series and its ongoing second season. Both are also streaming on the series' official YouTube channel.

The anime is inspired by the Monster Strike smartphone game. Social networking service mixi released the game on iOS and Android devices in Japan in 2013. XFLAG released the English version in North America in 2014, but it will shut down on August 1. The game also debuted in Taiwan and South Korea in 2014. The game's staff reports over 35 million players worldwide. mixi released a Nintendo 3DS port of the game in Japan in 2015.

The original game is also inspiring a five-episode original anime special titled Mon-Soni! D'Artagnan no Idol Sengen on June 14.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I'm probably the only person here that is happy about this news. I enjoyed the first season a bit, the currently airing 2nd season is a let down after what the first built up. However the movie is done in a similar manner as first season and is set as a prequel. I think it should be fun to watch it.

Although it is interesting that this franchise is building with the idol ONAs as well, considering the english audience has lost interest since I heard the game's english server will close soon.