Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Count Down To Star wars - The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Cpt_K3nny, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Alright Star wars is hitting theaters tomorrow (for us normie's here in Canada who did not get to an advance screening of the movie anyways)!

Who has their tickets and who has their chewbacca/Storm Trooper/Yoda/Darth Vader costumes ready???

well I can tell you something

guess who has 2 thumbs is going to a late night viewing tomorrow?

THIS GUY!!!!

I am very excited about this new Star Wars because Star Wars always reminded me of my Dad.

No No No he was not born from Midi-chlorian to later turn to the dark side and murder countless of innocent children. To me Star Wars always reminds me of the time where it was just me and him watching Star Wars at least 4 to 5 times a year on a old VHS tape (he still has that tape) and it just reminds me of simpler times and a great bonding experience between father and son..... Unfortunately we now live in different provinces so I wont get to go watch it with him this time but ill still think of him when i am going!

Anyways just wanted to start this thread to get us talking about it!

#1 Cpt_K3nny, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    !!!Spoilers below!!!

Strange no one has commented yet. I hate for this to be the first opinion in but...
    I despised this movie. No joke, there were times I actually missed the overly long dialogue of the prequels. That Calo Ren guy has to be the most pathetically looking Sith guy in the history of any Star Wars game, novel, movie, fan fiction or whatever.

And looking around for similar opinions and I seem to be the only guy who thought this movie was bad. Have I finally lost my mind or what? No... I know what I saw and I will not be watching another Star Wars movie ever again.

It wasn't just him though, there were bizarre leap of faiths I had to take on this movie. It gave me bad vibes of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Kingdom or whatever that one was called. It was like the movie desperately tried to appeal to my nostalgia but I parked that baby way back when Clone Wars crashed into it back when that one came out. No wonder I thought the third prequel was pretty good. Minus the killing younglings, that was laughable bad writing.

Speaking of which I'm supposed to believe that this girl who was hinted to be Luke's daughter is all of a sudden some kind of super prodigy force user that doesn't even know a thing about the force? Oh yes, let me force persuade this Storm Trooper to let me go because I know everything about force powers. Let's just pretend I learned that such a concept exits not that long ago. Oh yeah the black dude (Vin?) is proficient in lightsaber duels. Guess the Storm Trooper academy got fed up with it's reputation of long range fighting.

Got to love R2's only plot relevance to the story was to randomly wake up at the end of the movie to shoo in an obvious cameo of Mark Hamil. No wonder people were freaking out about the lack of Luke in the trailer, that guy could have been showed in every trailer and we still wouldn't know it was Mark Hamil.

Han Solo was killed by his angsty teenage son for reasons that completely escape me. Oh right, we needed something to cement this guy as a villain.

And why was Darth Vader's mask even mentioned in this movie?

On topic of masks, what's the purpose of Ren's mask if he's just going to flaunt his face to every person in the movie?

Why is there a 20 foot alien dude giving orders around and how the heck did he even persuade someone like Calo to join the dark side without Luke's knowledge? This just seems so completely far fetched, it's one thing if a politician like Palpatine get's buddy buddy with Anakin but now I have to accept this weirdo?

Did they really just blow up Corescunt in less then 10 seconds?

So a planet weapon thing blows up multiple planets in a stunt to prove it's more powerful then the Death Star yet something of this magnitude was never discovered BEFORE ANY OF THIS HAPPENED? 40 years passed what the bleeding hell were the rebels doing!? Drinking koolaid with Ewoks!?

Apparently the rebels don't have a space fleet anymore. The most dangerous weapon in the universe threatens to unleash universal genocide and all you could muster up is a couple of X Wing fighter to attack a planet. To be fair apparently the 20 foot alien dude didn't bother to protect his planet with anything either.

No space battles. Episode one had space battles above Naboo, Anakin even blew up a federation ship. Episode two had that battle with Obi Wan in the asteroid field. Those Seismic bombs were cool. Episode three opened the movie with the boarding of Count Duku's ship. Episode four obviously had the trench run. Episode five had the asteroid field chase. Episode six had the second battle of the Death Star.

Episode seven had a tentacle alien assault the black dude. I don't know, that's the closest I got.

I could have sworn Luke's lightsaber was a different color

I'm sorry but that three prong light saber is ugly and useless. To be fair it has to be a user error

Han Solo dies in a scene shamelessly ripped off from the original New Hope film

Apparently Vin is the only Storm Trooper of the Order's forces that ever rebelled. They didn't even leave any wiggle move, they flat out said this was the only time something like this happened among the troopers (unless my ears deceive me so correct me if I'm wrong) Got to love those convenient plot devices.

===========================================================

I don't know, I could go on but I probably ruined my reputation among the fine folks here. Don't let my negativity cloud your judgement but I got to tell you...

I thought this movie sucked.

Well...
    Now you know how I feel.

#2 Doomguy, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  3. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    My night at the Star wars - The Force Awakens movie

@Doomguy

I agree with you about Kylo Ren I did not like him at all his facial expression were awkward to me but maybe that's what he is a confused misunderstood awkward guy and he played it to a T?
    I think the mask was so that he could be/feel closer to his Grandpa (Darth)

About Rei using the force I have a theory..... Perhaps her memory was wiped by Luke Skywalker when Kylo Ren attacked in order to protect her from being detected by the Sith as a force user (kinda of like what they did with Darth Raven in KOTOR?) because in the scene where her familly leaves her on Jacue she is at the time at least old enough to have been trained in the force.... And as the movie progress although not consciously knowing that training surfaces back up when she is in danger? the would be the only reasonable explanation perhaps?

As for the lightsaber colour you are right in return of the Jedi the color is Green but that is not the lightsaber they are using in the movie as it is blue!
    This lightsaber is the one that Luke Lost and recovered when his Hand was cut off by Darth Vader in cloud city. It was the lightsaber Built by Anakin Skywalker before he became a Sith.It was then taken by Obi kenobi who then gave it to Luke Skywalker hence becoming Luke Skywalker's very first ligthsaber... (witch is blue in a new hope & Empire Strikes back also in the clone wars and revenge of the sith).

Also you are right there was not enough space fighter and also not enough Lightsabers!!! I was hoping for more lightsaber fights but i shall have to wait.....

as for the 25 foot guy that was just the hologram he is not actually that tall....

But I disagree with you in saying it was a garbage movie... was it an academy award winner definitely not but I thought in true Star Wars fashion it was Entertaining it did have a few plot holes as you pointed out but witch star Wars doesn't I mean the empire defeated by ewoks common! but I still love IT! I really enjoyed the movie as a whole and best part was that there was no Jar Jar Bings it reminded me of a new hope passing the torch to the new characters....

Finn=New Han Solo
    Rey=New Luke Skywalker/Princess Leia
    BB-8=New R2D2

Anyways I thoroughly enjoyed this new movie I went with no expectations and left very satisfied.... I didn't expect the moon from the movie and it delivered.

Here is a few pics from my night at the movies I was seduced by deadpool :)

download_20151222_101625.jpg download_20151222_101620.jpg

Good times!