Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Denied Community Council (experimental)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by blaze1514, Aug 30, 2014.

1. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This is an idea I wanted to propose a long time ago. I just never got around to it before.

What if we had a community counsel made of 3 or more people. They would work on and decide minor issues to free up time for the admin to do other things. They would also handle small disciplinary matters. Maybe even plan small events. I wanted to do this because I seen it somewhere else a long time ago, I thought it would be cool to do something like that here.

The premise is that any thing that can be taken care of without direct, fast, and strict admin intervention will be left to the Community Council. They would have to vote on solutions and random ideas. Plus since this is basically an experimental government they could do mock trials (probably anime themed) and stuff as well. If the unlikely event of someone being temp banned occurs (I say unlikely because most people are just permabanned on most sites) they can go over the issue, and talk to the bannee before unbanning them. Or if there is a Permaban, they can review the case after a certain period to decide whether or not the permaban needs to stay in effect. However I would only do the bann stuff after we find a good Council structure that works.

Here are some ideas on how to structure it.....
    -Note: I am aware that we have (or did have) a Community Liaison. As such I made most of these around that being incorporated in.

1- Members are nominated and 3 are elected. Any member can run, although if a admin is nominated I suspect they would reject as they already have work to do. The 3 new counsel members are given Moderator privileges. And one of them becomes the Lead Councilmen (either decided by the 3 or the one with highest votes). All have the same term limit (since this is an experiment 3-6 months for now)

2- Instead of any random members being eligible... You have to have certain activity level, One MUST be a Admin (what admin is decided by nomination and voting), and the most active member, highest donor, or something else (*that is not an admin) automatically gets it. This means that one is always an admin and can directly advise the council, another is a devoted member, and the last is the plain popular vote. All with the same term time (same as the last, 3-6 months)

3- One member is voted in as Community Ambassador and has a long term (6-months for now). Two are Community Liaisons and have a shorter term (3 months). The Ambassador becomes a full moderator, while the Liaisons just get mod privileges in certain areas (if that is possible on this site's engine). The Ambassador probably would have to have a certain level of activity to be eligible (probably true for the Liaisons as well, but the Ambassador should be more active to qualify than the Liaisons).

Again I just want to say that it would mostly be experimental (just for fun) at first. However the better we get at forming the council the more we can trust it with.

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Hey thanks for the suggestion, it's nice to see people giving some input for the community! Its a good idea just not one that would really work for us. Every aspect of the site has a different staff member or members working in that area so I am not overloaded with things to do. This leaves me free to handle my old job of managing the anime while still fulfilling my site director responsibilities, staff coordination, community relations etc (essentially what both noey and Red did on JustDubs). Plus having a server admin, two assistant admins and a few others on a development team helps make things go a lot quicker on the technical end.

What you described is pretty much handled in one way or another by other staff members or our development team. Disciplinary issues are handled by moderators and in the event someone is facing a ban we all vote on the matter and discuss it. Events will be handled by our news and events person, once she gets back from vacation she'll start her first site event. And we're soon adding on a social media moderator that will help with community relations on our social outlets.

Like I said, very nice idea. But we essentially have people taking care of those areas.

• Like Like x 1
  3. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I just looked at the new (new for me anyway) staff list. You have a longer list that before.

4. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    The thing that works is its all branched out
    Admins
    Content Managers
    Moderators
    Graphic Designers
    Ect. Doing it that way gives everyone set jobs, but we also help with other jobs if needed.

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. Namely because when Red was admin on DTR she was trying to literally do most of the work on the site. Getting overworked was part of the reason she left. And taking her admin role, steveys and still having to do my old responsibilities we had to add in some more people.

6. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It wouldn't happen to have been called the "Disciplinary Committee" would it? I've seen something like that on a lot Final Fantasy fansites that featured forums. One that I remember was FFReaction... long time ago, maybe 2002? JustDubs was the first anime site I went to where I registered on the forum.

7. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No.. I do not remember the site exactly...... just the thing. It was literally a Experimental site government.. they only had the tiny amount of power they did so that people would be interested....... they were totally separate from the actual admin.... I do not think I explained that well enough. Seeing as the admins are saying they already have a site government that is based on election and not on admin status, then they to themselves the admin. The point was to have a fun experiment on government....... The admin were supposed to act like the police and carry out the rules and judgments set by the committee. again the rules could not change any set by the admin.... and mostly were just for the fun of the experiment. one example (that i can think of) is that they banned italics... so any post with italics didn't count toward the main post count. Then the rule was overturned two weeks later by another part of the committee. They did serious stuff too though (just not too serious). At the end of the day it was just a long running event for fun and stuff....... I just remember it was well revived and always had people doing campaign (campain nomination) threads and other stuff. And plus the comittee members were given moderator (or something similar.... if they were not admin already) status for their term (taken away if needed , though it ever was). That made them act and feel like official voices of the community. lost of random small problems were taken to them first. Lightening the load of the admin (witch you do not seem to need however).