Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Comet Lucifer (Unofficial club activity)

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Natsuru-san, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Soo, to not confuse anyone here, this here is not a club activity (Thus the thread name) but was one of the 5 to be nom'd but didn't win and none the less, if you're watching this anime, feel free to discussion it here. Thoughts on the anime anyone?

My thoughts on ep 1 are in the spoiler.

Soo, it starts off a bit slow, kinda weird but almost immediately gets good and then half way through very good and near the end of ep 1, it got GREAT! I KNEW this was going to be a great anime and a fresh breath of air from the genres I've been watching lately and sure enough, I was right. It has a great feel to it and I'm hoping it can keep the momentum going. Also, Lucifer, that scene where she fell down via the shooting star, I don't quite get how she could be there when she was else where but, before it showed her, she was a demon and the name, oh ho, interesting, so, "Lucifer" is a good guy and a girl now? >: ) It's anyone's guess where this anime will go now with this but I DO expect some sorta plot, just, hopefully it's not going too much into religion.

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    First episode was interesting. If that is the Mc's mecha then it's nothing super new but it's unique enough to not be boring. Looking forward to more

3. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    And ep 2 has aired, this one was filled with some more action, but tons more Kawaii from the mysterious girl I thought was named Lucifer but is in fact called Felia. So much for my theory lol That said but

Oh there's no doubt it's the MC mecha, but I don't believe even with ep 1 that it's one that he pilots from within but if he does, then from outside. Ep 2 seemed to more indicate I might be right on this. It's sad, I forget the mecha's name. lol It is interesting what is taking place in ep 2 and the way this anime was shown in ep 2, it could go in many directions, so I wonder which one it will go in.

4. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yeeea, I dropped this anime... U know it's bad when u don't even care that the girl gets kidnapped and it leaes u on a cliff hanger and u just don't care to see the next ep. Such a shame, this anime has great art style, good chars but, doesn't know what the bloody hell it's doing. Wasted potential. -_- Well, I'm sure the girl will be saved or somehow escape her kidnappers, so predictable.

@Metazoxan R u still watching this anime?

5. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Sorta but I know what you mean. I think it's problem is the villains motivations are either too vague or half assed. We have some weird old guy giving vague proficies or something and some company with some objective, some guy with a war fetish, some arrogant prick with an attitude, and a pedophile hacker. None of then have decent motivations for being a part of the plot and all of them act in dumb ways just to move the plot along.

like "Lets not even try seeing if she'll come with us lets just automatically abduct her and assult children" and again no decent explination as to why is even given. It also doesn't help the first 4 or 5 episodes are wasted on then wandering around the city doing what I guess was character development but was mostly just watching the girl do cute things and fore shadow future events like it's trying to be clever.

I agree this had a lot of wasted potential. We have this massive world that's not Earth, a mother missing, a son trying to prove her theory, and crystals which seem to have some great importance to the world. But the world's barely been explained at all and we know nothing about its layout, we still don't know anything about the mother or how or why she's gone, we don't know a damn thing about her theory or why he's trying to prove it, and we still don't know what the crystals are for. Are they a power source? WHAT!?!

Lastly the main characters are just dull. You have the kind hearted but dense MC who barely does anything useful, the childhood friend who likes him but wont admit it, the loli who talks in broken sentences like a child and acts like she doesn't know anything, some idiot rich boy and hid lackey who clearly have an ego, and a step father with some vague past but no other qualities of note.

The show also has mecha but they aren't even worth talking about.

6. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    I had hope for this originally.

But like most whatever was keeping me watching was squashed by things like dancing veggies, vague evil intentions, lack of reason on an MC who should be smart, the only interesting past has to do with the bartender, and no explanation on the at one time interesting/buttkicking mecha who still sucks now even after an upgrade.

Oh and loli is no longer vocally challenged loli any more. A bit of relief there.

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    The dancing veggies wouldn't have been bad if they weren't the damn highlight of that episode! Like if that had just been a silly moment before shit got real it would have been okay. But nope her making the veggies fly off was one of the big moments of the episode.

Agreed with the mecha though I think the problem is they are trying to create tension by having him lose but because the fights involve that idiot who acts like a kid and because he always loses rather pathetically it comes off as more disappointing than exciting.