Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Comedian/Actor Robin Williams Passes Away at 63

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sir-Maddy, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    American comedian and actor Robin Williams passed away on Monday at his home in Tiburon, California. The Coroner Division at the local sheriff's office suspect the cause of death to be suicide through asphyxiation, although the cause of death is preliminary and awaits an investigation. He was 63.

In addition to being a lauded actor and comedian, Williams was a self-described anime fan, as he told Movie Marketing Asia in 2005:

"I am a big fan of Japanese animation. They make movies like Innocence Ghost in the Shell 2 and Appleseed in which they really look at the darker themes and I am fascinated by what they do. I love animation. It allows me to be free to create a character that is totally different than me. And with the Japanese, every film pushes the envelope a little further."

Favorites he listed during an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit last year include Neon Genesis Evangelion, Akira, Blood: The Last Vampire, Cowboy Bebop, and, especially, Ghost in the Shell. His performance in the film One Hour Photo includes an extended reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion, and he starred in two Legend of Zelda commercials with his daughter, Zelda Williams, whom he named after the game.

Williams' many film and television roles include Mork & Mindy, Good Morning, Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, The Fisher King, Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Happy Feet. He won an Oscar for his role in Good Will Hunting, as well as two Emmys for his variety show work and five Grammys for his spoken-word recordings. He will appear posthumously in four upcoming films, including Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb.

R.I.P. in peace Robin Williams, I WILL REMEMBER YOU!
    So sad, I never expected a result like this.

2. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Toys, Bicentennial Man, the list goes on... Now I've just got a complete and utter urge to rewatch everything...
    Easily one of my (if not my top) favourite actors.
    I... don't know how to feel... It's like a part of my childhood's just up and left...

3. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I didn't really know the guy, but although he did good comedies, his best roles weren't in comedies. My favourite so far is Dead Poet Society.

R.i.p.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    It's crazy how an actor, someone who you've never even met, can have such an impact when they leave this world. RW suffered from depression and drug abuse for a good deal of his life I was sad to hear about this yesterday.

I've already watched Aladdin and What Dreams May Come since hearing about t his. one Hour Photo, Jack and Toys is next. Probably followed by Mrs Doubtfire.

Here's to you Robin

[​IMG]

5. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    All I can think about is thing when I think of his passing ={

6. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Maddy... you know what I just realised?...
    We will never hug Robin Williams...

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking about naming my rabbit Zelda. This kind of cemented it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Oh God damn it, I'm tearing up again. Robin Williams was not only the first actor I knew by name and could put a face to, but he was one of my heroes growing up. Two of my favorite movies as a kid was Aladdin and Flubber. I always wanted to be as funny as he was and he's one of the people who made me want to become a voice actor. Meeting him was one mt bucket list and now I'll never get to cross that off. R.I.P. mister Williams.

[​IMG]

9. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ... R.I.P. Robin. :(

@Heizengard The only thing you might could do is, change your option there to meeting his family or someone he worked with/knew or that met him... tis better than nothing..

10. [ ] Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was so surprised when I learned this. I mean I grew up watching everything that had him in it. It is just so breathtaking to learn of his death Like such a big impact on me. It was like when Steve Irwin died.... Man Im going to miss Robin. He brought a lot of people smiles and was such a great Actor. He will be deeply missed by many people including me.