Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Notice Clubs Report 12-05-16

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by Sporadic, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    It's that time again. Another clubs report. If you were tagged here then you must respond about the status of a club that you own or moderate. Club reports detail the status of each club. Such reports detail recent threads, posts, moderator/leader changes and Lince's opinion of each club's status. Clubs in a negative standing (IE: inactive) will face disciplinary action and in extreme cases can face deletion.

The following report is written by @Lince, our sos brigade and clubs director. I will post any commentary and proposed course of action after the report. Club reports are made public discussion as we like members to have input as well. After all, these are the clubs that we all enjoy. If you do not agree with our proposed course of action with inactive clubs then please speak up and let your voice be heard. Deleting a club for being inactive is our last resort for inactive clubs. When clubs are inactive we will first push the leader and moderators to continue putting out content, assign new mods or in some cases even appoint a new club leader.

Here's the full report. For TL;DR skip and read below.

Group Log

[Years for all dates are 2016 unless otherwise stated]

AMV Editors:
    Last 3 posts: 11/15, 10/27, 10/22

Saywut claimed on 10/22 that he was going to have the club be more active. Since then, there have been two posts.

Anime Cafe:
    Last 3 posts: 10/20, 10/20, 10/26

Natsu has been spotty with being active on the forums of late. There have been barely any club acitivites or discussions for quite a while.

Comic Book Club:
    Last 3 posts: 10/9, 10/12, 11/6

Barely active at all. Karma has been removed as moderator, leaving just Spor and I as moderators.

Ecchi Lovers United:
    Last 3 posts: All 12/3

This club has become more active recently, although it has gone through long sessions of inactivity in the past. Should be fine as long as the leaders cotinue to post.

Film Club:
    Last 3 posts: 10/19, 10/23, 12/4

Generally inactive. I'm not sure how active BK can be for this club considering he's staff now.

Designer's Club:
    Last 3 posts: 10/21, 10/22, 12/3

Vishal has been removed as a moderator [Idk why he was a mod in the first place]. Barely active and Crazy and Jay haven't done anything of late.

Community Club:
    Last 3 posts: 5/9, 5/9, 11/7

Club really has no reason to exist anymore. The only thread that's semi-active is "Who are you" and that can be put in off topic. This club has the same mods as the Film club, which is concerning as well.

Manga Club:
    Last 3 posts: 2/24/, 3/24, 12/3

Not active at all. Metazoxan just lurks now, and this club has no leadership. I hate to say it, but this club should be dispersed and instead should be made into a forum section imo.

Music Club:
    Last 3 posts: 11/29, 12/3, 12/3

Roy is a very good club admin because he consistently puts out new threads. Even though they don't generate a ton of activity, you can tell he's trying. Keep doing what you're doing Roy!

New Release Club:
    Last 3 posts: 11/29, 11/29, 12/5

The General Discussion is basically the only active thread, and it's moderately active at best. This is a troubling trend for a club that used to be one of the most active on the forums. Maybe it's just a couple of slow anime seasons, but I have to hold them to the same standards.

RP Club:
    Last 3 posts: All 12/5

The most active club on the forum by far. Ella is a great club leader and consistently updates me on who needs badges so I can hand them out. All good here.

Study Club:
    Last 3 posts: 11/29, 11/29, 12/3

Kaede is a good club leader who posts a lot of interesting topics related to learning every so often. Her last threads came in a bunch on 11/27. There was a big gap in activity early in the club's life, but it looks as though things are going to change.

Tabletop Guild:
    Last 3 posts: 9/3, 10/12, 12/3

Barely active. I've removed Znelson as a moderator. Pretty much since it's inception, there has been barely any actvity.

Light Novel CLub:
    Last 3 posts: All pre 2016 [which is really bad]

Club is a failed experiment with a leader who hasn't been here in over a year. This club can safely be deleted.

The Midnight Channel:
    Last 3 posts: 11/18, 11/20, 11/26

This is Spor's club, so I assume he's got an idea of what he wants to do with it. Activity among the members has been down, however, and that's troubling.

Video Game Club:
    Last 3 posts: 11/26, 11/30, 12/3

Not a lot of activity to be honest, despite the dates of the last 3 posts. There are also 4 mods for this club [not including me], so Im curious as to how there aren't more events planned.

Weekly Avi/Sig Club:
    Last 3 posts: 3/5, 10/26, 10/30

This club was a nice idea, but in practice it doesn't really generate a ton of activity. Also, Kiri is the mod of it, so I'm not sure what she wants to do with it. This club started out as more of a trend, so it doesn't really make sense to keep it around after the trend has passed imo.

Here's what I propose.

AMV - @sayWut is there anything in particular to be done with the club?

Anime Cafe - @Natsu with your prolonged inactivity would you be fine with someone else running the club?

Comic Book Club - My failed attempt at a club. Posts will be moved to off topic and the club will be deleted.

Ecchi - No action.

Film Club - @BK-201 do you plan on putting out any activity with this club soon?

Designers club - @Crazy Potato do you plan on putting out any activity with this club soon?

Community Club - This club used to serve a purpose, but since it no longer does posts will be moved to off topic and the club will be deleted

Manga Club - @Metazoxan do you plan on putting out any activity with this club soon?

Music Club - No action.

New Release Club - @Supernatural-Knight just a few bad anime seasons this year? It's troubling seeing this club as inactive as it is.

RP Club - No action.

Study Club - No action.

Table Top Guild - @BaconMan8910 do you plan on putting out any activity with this club soon?

Light Novel Club - Posts will be moved to off topic and the club will be deleted unless someone wants to run it.

TMC - No action.

Video Game Club - @ShadowLinks @VeritasOdiumParit @Severus @Miss Elegent Serenity do you plan on putting out any activity with this club soon? This club could be a lot more active if moderators or members would be willing to schedule weekly activities in games that everyone play.

Weekly Avi and Sig Club - @Kiri do you plan on putting out any activity with this club soon?

2. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    I'll try but let's face it who is active anymore with designs?

3. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to take this moment to thank all my amazing RPers for all their post and for helping me keep the club active, with out all of us the club would be dead :) thanks guys

As for the video game club I tried to resurrect it but even with making a skype chat in hopes to get more involved, it just died or others never joined

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Skype is becoming outdated honestly. I started using Discord over the summer and it's infinitely better than Skype [and it uses less CPU]. The only thing Skype has that discord doesn't is video calls, but Discord is made primarily for gamers so video calling isn't majorly important.

A JD discord server might be a good idea to think about in the future...

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    You know I feel this part is more accurate. Ignoring the designs specific, who is actually active on the forum anymore in an area that isn't either the asylum or the elimination threads? Our numbers are dwindling as our older members are starting to pay less attention now too [hell even Shogun hasn't logged in for a few months]. We are somehow keeping the forum active enough but certain areas just can't keep up anymore like they use to.

I'm sad to see my club suffer, but being all about subs on a dubbed website we were at a disadvantage in the first place. I think the anime these last few seasons have been fine, but people seem to have lost the drive to discuss them or the passion to watch anime in the first place.
    It doesn't help that most of the top posters are pretty inactive now as well. 36 members in my club and I only really see 6 log into JAN daily, it is an alarming stat.
    I don't know if it can be fixed but I won't let it fade away into the nothingness just yet. The general discussion is the most active for a reason. Instead of branching into multiple unsuccessful threads with very few posts I'm currently focussing on just keeping one vital thread alive. Any other thoughts or recommendations anyone can suggest to bring activity back to it? I'm all ears.

6. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    While I liked the LN club, from what I recall, most members read them illegally, which made things inconvenient for members who couldn't access baka tsuki from their tablets (ios doesn't allow it, for instance).

Also, Baka Tsuki (translating team) is dead, so the only thing left is actually buying the books, which not many can do/want to.

How about merging it with the manga club?

Either that or @Doomguy and I can discuss S&W to keep it active (no spoilers, I'm currently reading volume 6).

@Supernatural-Knight I tend to skip Fall, so I should be more active this winter.
    Tell me if you got notified, I'm curious.

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Nope @Negi-Springfield no notifications as you edited your post and deleted the other one. I saw this because I check every thread. Why skip this season though? It has some very interesting shows airing. I don't even know what next season is really bringing so I don't have any plans on what we'll be doing for it just yet....
    Probably the same thing as the current season, just asking what everyone is watching and seeing how good things are that we aren't watching though.

8. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    'Source Material Club'.

I don't know about you, but this seems the best course of action.
    I concur -- plus, it just works better for forums.
    and again, maybe we should merge thread families.

Manga News + Anime News = Weeb News (TM)

I don't know if destroying a thread is the best course of action, although I do agree. If nothing else, the doomsday plan be working.

9. AngeloDaniele Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    The ecchi club must live FOREVEEEEEER
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I have to say, the Video Game Club is just dying because of the separate Video Game thread that we have. Most of the topics in the club are in the other thread, or vice versa. As for actual events, I don't think there is enough active users to keep making events frequently, let alone just doing it once a month. Plus, everyone owns and plays so many different games.

And plus, I haven't seen @ShadowLinks post for quite a while now.

11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Was looking into getting a Smith & Wesson (S&W) .38 special revolver myself one day...
    wait what? Maybe wrong user :cool:

I always talk about video games but mostly in the video game section. As far as actually playing it with other people though...:shrug:
    Not really my kind of thing

Will continue writing short stories until my fingers fall off and robo Cthulhu takes over my house

No self respecting anime forum should go without one!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    For those that need help with clubs. Here are a few tips from my end
    1) get rid of unnecessary clutter in the club- basically do a 2 month rule or something (mine is 2 months) If there is a thread in the club that has had no replies for 2 months, archive it. You don't have to delete it, just remove it from public view. Only the admins and mods of the club can view the archived threads. This helps keep things neat and people don't have to go through all the dead activities an feel awkward about it. If there is a dead thread that a few people take interest in, reboot it (revive it by just creating a new thread and add reboot) this is a good way to give the topic new life. We have rebooted several RP's because several retook interest in them or wanted to start it back up by giving it a completely different plot line.

2) create new topics if one dies- keep things interesting. Topic die, it happens, it even happens in our RP's. So instead of just leaving it there to sit and fade away, archive it and create a new idea, discussion or topic. This keeps people interested. They see a new topic in the club of their choice and if it spikes their interest and bam you get replies.

3) be active in your club- the biggest issue is clubs are created and then the creators get bored with it or no longer have time to do what needs to be done to keep them going. To keep a club going, as a club owner, it is your responsibility to come up with more topics, post replies to people, be social. You cant just make a thread and not get involved in it. If you are unable to keep up with the club, find someone who is willing to either take over the club for you or help you maintain it. I have switched up mods from time to time just to keep things going. If I am unable to be active (which in several cases I have) I know I can rely on a select few of my members to keep it going in my absence.

4)Host events-you don't have to hand out prizes, bragging rights is usually good enough. just come up with some event that others can participate in. IE-Designers club- post a thread asking artistic people if they would be interested in doing a competition. Pair everyone up in 2's maybe create a bracket and see who is the better artist. Get others involved by having them vote. I'm sure if you ask @Sporadic, we can advertise them on the site and link everyone to the club, same with advertising them on the FB page. There are a lot of possibilities it's just thinking of the right way to get people interested.
    AMV's editors same idea as designers but making AMVs

Video game club. We just need to get people that are interested in the same games to post threads. Maybe we can just post a few different popular games and leave it open to the public to chat away about it. Once we get a feel as to who plays what game, can host a weekly or even monthly event where everyone plays together for fun.

Unfortunately there are some clubs that might have a hard time coming back, but that all depends on the owners and their willingness to make it happen. Hopefully this will help

13. Vapen Probably Asleep

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I've been contemplating the video game club. I mean I end up playing a game at night to relax most of the time.
    But then on the old JD it was active at first and just fell off in the end, kind of like what this one must of done.
    I'd be up for trying to play but I don't really have a consistent schedule with work.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Alright, Quote me users who want my club up.
    I think I'm the only designer left, I like helping users that want to learn a thing or two but as of late nothing not even a signature battle I mean I even made club awards but alas it was to late. If I were to leave (I won't) that will be it no more graphic designs besides artwork.
    I miss the drive, the compitation of getting better to beat the other designer....
    Where is everyone? You should do tests and lock down a few dead threads on the main forum. I bet the main forum page will only have intros, Asylum, Club Page, Broken Anime, Off Topic, and News (1 person). That's how I view JAF at the moment.
    I made the halloween soul quest in hopes tons of users will try the challenge and I got handful which is nice however won't it put a smile on your face if many users flooded our contests? That will make me feel great and want to make more content, I'm lazy due to lack of motivation. I do appreciate the complements but I still feel "meh". I loved JD and Refuge due to the amount of activity and high fives to everything that was made contests, pranks, content, and clubs. Everywhere was the bomb to join in on the fun in comparison we are losing now, I'm greatful to Spor for not giving up but man I completely lost my morale and I'm sure I am not alone.
    This is off topic I know but that's my thought process on why our clubs are doing bad, I'll still do my best nevertheless.

15. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Now that we have chatango on the forum, we could always post the events there. We have anywhere between 200-500 people in there mostly. I know when we do TMC, that seems to be where some of our audiences is. Post your events in there, get them interested in joining the forum. That is where we can gain more members. I will do what I can on the FB end, so if anyone comes up with ideas and needs them posted, I can post them there to see if anyone where would be interested in. One way of another we need to get more members, get this place back up to its full potential.

16. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    That many on Chatango? Can't tell, really, considering my internet at class actually blocks it somehow.
    Is there a way of spreading the news to the watchers and downloaders, considering er have a lot of people here for that reason?
    I'll be honest, in how that I feel like I know how you feel.
    I have been wanting to try out digital design (even though I prefer drawing out my own things rather than rendering something someone else made). I have the tools for it. But not seeing anyone else doing it sort of kills my motivation. When I first joined, I was only one of the leeches for downloads (rude of me to say), but I did notice there were designer battles/events with Walshy, WynterWolf13 and some others. At that time, I thought these events would just go on, but apparently Walshy and Wynter are busy with more important things, with no replacements to take their places for the activity. I would think advertising the activities of the Designer's club in the Creative Design section could help, but even then, Creative design has hit a decline as well.
    I am hoping Chatango can bring along some more people for this.

17. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I would like to become a designer, but lack the skills and will to do so. I wish it weren't so, but I just am too lazy.

However, I have PhotoshopCS6, so I can get started whenever. I also found a guide, but I never got around to trying the bits out.

As such, I have an idea. What if you start streaming or Skyping with people who want to learn to design?

Like a teacher -- I'm certain that it'd help the designer club's popularity, although, most people would be there just for the tutorials.

Better that then death, though.

I think that having interaction with your teacher, as opposed to just reading a wall of text with 'Tips and Tricks' works better. Again, the main issue with your club having no popularity lies exclusively in the fact that people don't know how to design -- Core and I aren't alone, I'm sure.

18. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    @Crazy Potato I'd be willing to have a sig battle soon. maybe something fun for Christmas?

• Like Like x 2
  19. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    @Sporadic
    yea trying to get some people together to make a somewhat Christmas style justdubs AMV, all in community are welcome to participate!

Should do a mass Christmas Sig battle royal! and or Christmas banners and so on, Facebook cover pages etc

• Like Like x 1
  20. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    @Sporadic | @sayWut
    I'll be at a handicap because I have no choice to use [​IMG] which I only used once since someone told me to as a challenge....
    (Me after my pc keeps corrupting so I just gave up and installed Linux on a usb because all my left over hard drives are messed up for windows. Photoshop can be run but I'm having problems getting it up to 100% working.....)
    [​IMG]

#20 Crazy Potato, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016