Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Club Rules

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Roy-Blue, Sep 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    We don't have too many general rules. Of course abide by the rules of the forums, but aside from that I'd also say be respectful of other people's opinions. Especially with discussing such feelings as admiration of art and music, people can sometimes get offended with their taste in such things. So my only rule here is to be mindful of this fact, and for those that might be the aforementioned type, there is no need to take anything discussed here too personally.

With that out of the way, I'd like to post our more specific rules here for everyone to see. Whenever possible, I will post the rules to read, but at least you can have something to read over in advance. And though there are no real punishments for breaking these Club Rules, know that they may bar you from games they may apply to.

Rule 1:
    Please check in on the "Music Club Welcome" thread to be a fully recognized member. It makes it easier to hand out badges and will allow you to play any of our games uncontested in such regards.

Monthly Game Rules:

/Nominations
    1. Only one nomination per member, but you may change your nomination any time before the poll is made.
    2. Changing your nomination does not omit your last nomination after at least 6 candidates have been chosen (provided it is already a "numbered candidate") , but will be listed as an "extraneous nomination".
    3. In the case of change in nomination is to be made within the original 6, the primary will be replaced and deleted from the roster if the secondary nomination rises to the ranks of a numbered nomination, or simply deleted if said primary loses rank.
    3. All nominations after the first 6 to be names will be listed as "Extraneous Nominations". They will then have to compete with the primary 6 to be listed in the eventual poll to decide the winner of the competition.
    4. Possible refute, over which candidates will earn a place in the poll, will be cast by the members and the placement will be reflected by a number given to the candidate or the status "Extraneous Nomination".
    5. Change in placement can happen at any given moment and are determined by the Club Leader (myself) or a stand-in (in my extended absence), given evidence provided by the members.
    6. Since rankings in these threads can change at any time, it well advised to not only keep up with your nominations, but to present considerable evidence upon claiming one.
    7. Since there will be some criticism among nominations, please be mindful of your words. Blatant mud-slinging will be ignored, whereas superior evidence will be much more greatly regarded by me and fellow members.
    8. In the event of number of nominated candidates is ≤1 by the end of the month nominations will selected immediately as follows:
    =1: Nomination will become automatic winner.
    =0: I (or a stand-in) will choose a nomination to become an "automatic winner".
    9. In such cases of an "automatic winner", they will be no poll and the "winner" will be showcased, but not considered in nominations for such events as the yearly competitions or any such contest between monthly contestants.

Note: Nominations will last until the last week of the month and then the polls will open until the first of the following month.

/Poll
    1. Only one vote per person.
    2. You can vote for any option as you see fit (even if it's not your nominee, if you're so inclined).
    3. Any forum member may cast a vote.
    4. Removed.
    5. People may vote even if they did not nominate a candidate or participate thus far in this competition.
    6. Creating separate accounts for the sole purpose of voting is, of course, forbidden.
    7. And where enticing friends to join in for the sole purpose of voting here is not forbidden, it is indeed discouraged.
    8. Polls will end on the First of each month when I post next week's nomination thread, or the following day (the Second) in the event I'm not here on the First and/or someone must post for me.
    9. You are allowed to change your vote at any time before the polls close, but it advised that you keep it somewhat consistent so other contestants can see which way to vote.
    10. In the event of a tie, I will be the deciding vote (which also means I will hold off on voting in such a case) or I will designate a stand-in in my absence.

Weekly Game Rules:

/Nominations
    Note: At this time, nominations of the Music Video of the Week thread should be Official Band/Artist music videos (subject to change).

1. Only one nomination per member, but they can be replaced at will as long as it is done before Friday (I will be lenient within reason on the time, but know that I go by EST and other stand-ins may vary greatly).
    2. However nominations can be cast all the way up Saturday, when the poll is made up.
    3. The number of nominations, I want to keep at a manageable size, but still leave room for many nominations. So it may vary (and I'll let you know if and when I decide to change it), but the "standard" I will keep at 8.
    4. Since there will be more room for more nominations, we can keep the discussions more in the polls rather than here. I want people to feel a little more relaxed that their nominations wont slip through the cracks as quickly.
    5. Given the time-frame of each nomination, ones exceeding the limit of 8 will simply carry over to the next round (provided the club member decides they want to re-enter it).
    6. If I am absent for any reason, I will allow anyone to continue the thread progression (in usual fashion) provided it is at least a full day late.

Note: Nominations will run from Monday to Friday, at such time as they will be replaced by the poll which will run until the following Monday.

/Poll
    1. Only one vote per person.
    2. You can vote for any option as you see fit (even if it's not your nominee, if you're so inclined).
    3. Only members of the Music Club may cast a vote.
    4. You may entice anyone you want to join, however, and cast their vote respectfully.
    5. People may vote even if they did not nominate a candidate or participate thus far in this competition.
    6. Creating separate accounts for the sole purpose of voting is, of course, forbidden.
    7. And where enticing friends to join the Music Club for the sole purpose of voting here is not forbidden, it is indeed discouraged (please show them around and make them feel more welcome to join in other aspects).
    8. Polls will end on Monday when I post next week's nomination thread, or the following day (Tuesday) in the event I'm not here on Monday and/or someone must post for me.
    9. You are allowed to change your vote at any time before the polls close, but it advised that you keep it somewhat consistent so other contestants can see which way to vote.
    10. In the event of a tie, I will be the deciding vote (which also means I will hold off on voting in such a case) or I will designate a stand-in in my absence.

All additions or adjustments are marked as red (though they will probably revert after the next edit). After an edit I'll make a post here so people may see. As such, I don't want people posting in this thread, so any questions or concerns about these rules should be directed to the Open Music Discussion thread.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.