Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Chrome spin offs issues...

Discussion in 'Tech Temple' started by darkkarasu, Sep 3, 2017.

?

Fav Web Browser?

1. Original Chrome (Bleh)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Torch (Chrome based)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. UCBrowser (Chrome based)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Opera (Chrome Based?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. darkkarasu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Torch, currently experiencing weird memory bug...
    UC Browser seems to have delays in just surfing the web.
    lol.png

Opera has some weird features that I kinda like...

(Been using torch/UCbrowser can't decide, I like the chrome feel of torch with better plugins but the weirdness feature galore of UC is... I use both sometimes I think I do it just to experience these laughable bugs...

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chrome itself is a spin-off of the Chromium project. It actually goes something like this:

Chromium (core project)
    ↙ ~ (All branches of Chromium) ~ ↓ ~ (All branches of Chromium)~ ↘
    Google Chrome ↔ Opera ↔ Torch (less common) ↔ UCBrowser (less common) ↔ Comodo Dragon ↔ Other​
    ↪ Chromodo*​

Opera, before Chromium, had it's own unique engine. The "Speed Dial" feature, was likely where the "Featured Sites" page and the "site pinning" came from idea.

*Chromodo is Comodo's spin off of Google Chrome. Comodo has both Chromodo and Dragon. Dragon is a re-design with security updates while Chromodo keeps the familiarity of Google Chrome and more frequent updates that Google Chrome gets while also adding the security features of Dragon.

Anyways, I use Chrome, Chromodo, Dragon, Opera, and install Chromium on any Linux distro I test and intend to use. If the Linux distro doesn't have Chromium in it, I usually get rid of the distribution once I'm done checking it out.

• Like Like x 1