Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Chihayafuru Tv Anime Gets 3rd Season In 2019

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Teknoman X, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    New series will air on NTV's AnichU programming block
    [​IMG]
    A voice actor stage presentation at the "Chihayafuru in Awara Week" event on Sunday announced that Yuki Suetsugu's Chihayafuru manga is getting a third television anime season. The anime will premiere in 2019 on NTV's late-night AnichU programming block and on other channels.

The three main cast members will return for the third season:

The first 25-episode television anime season ran from October 2011 to March 2012. The second season, Chihayafuru 2, premiered in January 2013 and also ran for 25 episodes. Crunchyroll streamed both seasons in several countries as they aired in Japan. Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime and released the first season with an English dub in September. HIDIVE is also streaming the first season with Japanese subtitles and an English dub.

Sentai Filmworks describes the story:

Chihaya Ayase is a beautiful and headstrong young woman with a passion for karuta, a card game inspired by classical Japanese poetry. As a child, Chihaya was introduced to the game by a quiet, gifted transfer student named Arata, and she was instantly drawn to it. Now in high school and reunited with her childhood friend Taichi, Chihaya dreams of finding Arata and the three resuming their love of karuta, only to discover that Arata has quit the game due to personal reasons. Determined not to let Arata's passion go to waste, Chihaya and Taichi form the Mizusawa High School Karuta Club, where they learn that in karuta - as in life - working toward your dreams is the key to winning, even when what you want seems just out of reach.
    The 22nd volume of the manga additionally bundled an original anime DVD when it shipped in September 2013.

Suetsugu launched the manga in Kodansha's Be-Love magazine in December 2007, and Kodansha published the manga's 37th compiled volume on February 13. The manga has more than 21 million copies in print in Japan. Kodansha Comics is releasing the manga digitally in English.

Suetsugu's manga has also inspired two live-action films. The first film, Chihayafuru: Kami no Ku (Chihayafuru: Upper Phrase), opened in Japan in March 2016. The second film, Chihayafuru: Shimo no Ku (Chihayafuru: Lower Phrase), opened in Japan in April 2016. A third film, Chihayafuru: Musubi, will open in Japan on March 17. A five-episode live-action tie-in series, titled Chihayafuru -Tsunagu-, premiered on Hulu Japan on February 20.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I saw this news earlier, got to admit I'm excited for this. Even though it is a shoujo series about competitive karuta which doesn't sound like much, it was actually a very enjoyable series. Honestly though I've forgotten a lot that happened so I might not be the best prepared for the this eventual 3rd season. No date for release yet so I'm thinking next year if not very late this year.

I'd tag someone about this news but the only people that cared no longer frequent this site. How sad.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SkeLo Trophy Hunter Content Manager

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Not to fear good sir you have me!!! I lov3d this series yet to wa5ch live action movies but I was so gutted that it finished so abruptly at the end of season 2... so as you imagine hearing the news that a season was coming has indeed lifted my spirits... yay!!!

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Oh my, there was someone left here. I had no idea that you've seen it @SkeLo. Must be the lack of MAL account linked that threw me off guard. Considering the topic matter it isn't exactly something that you'd expect many people would watch.

I can't exactly remember the ending of S2, let alone a lot of the show in general. Although there was that OVA that is listed as a sequel. Considering I watched this 3 years ago it doesn't surprise me that my memory is failing quite a bit. I know I enjoyed the hell out of it though. I got really invested in all of these characters. Both the previously Karuta obsessed ones and the newer club members alike. I still remember the Desk throwing scene that I think was way back in S1, or the vs "foreigners" intro.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SkeLo Trophy Hunter Content Manager

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    No bro I loved this series... and seeing the MC Chihaya vying for supremacy in Karuta is incredible; her spirit, her tenacity, her passion... its thrilling as well as almost intoxicating that it makes one want to consider taking up Karuta... yet she is so dense that she doesn't realise that she is also vying for the affections of her two love interests Taichi (long time friend) and Arata (mysterious new transfer kid)... silly girl..

Overall the plot and story line are fantastically put together... as well as the other characters in how they are brought in to compliment the MC rather than be added in as just extras... it makes for alot of fun and ongoing challenges as her merry band of Karuta enthusiasts aim for the ultimate prize of being able to qualify for the Japan Nationals...