Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Charlize Theron And Oscar Isaac Lead The Cast For The New Animated Addams Family Trailer

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Aug 22, 2019.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Charles Addams' iconic, weird and fantastical family have been brought to the screen before, most notably on TV and in two live-action movies. Now here comes the animated film version of The Addams Family with all its attendant kookiness and spookiness.

The story is a familiar one – Gomez (Oscar Isaac), Morticia (Charlize Theron), creepy kids Wednesday (Chloe Grace Moretz), Pugsley (Finn Wolfhard) and the rest move to a new neighborhood and immediately start ringing alarm bells with the more "normal" inhabitants. It's the sort of subject the show tackled all the time, and naturally there are going to be comic misunderstandings and life lessons to be learned.

That Sausage Party directors Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan are behind the camera is reason to hope for something more subversive as usual, and it's nice to see the characters looking like Addams' original newspaper cartoons.

Whether this new Addams iteration can rise up the usual crop of kid-tainment remains to be seen, but it'll be in UK cinemas from 25 October... Just in time for Halloween! Gomez and the gang would be so happy.

Source: https://www.empireonline.com/movies...t-for-the-new-animated-addams-family-trailer/

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, man. Imagine if Illumination was licensed to animate this. I watched their version of The Grinch a few days ago and absolutely loved it! They even kept to the musical style of Despicable Me. I can only imagine what an Illumination version of The Addams Family would be like.

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    That actually wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Although I like the little things such as being told by the father to "do your worst" when going to school.
    Doubt I'll end up watching this movie though.