Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Denied Can I Request For An Anime Fandub?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by bakaloveBL, Jun 14, 2017.

1. bakaloveBL I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ive recently stumbled across an anime that doesn't have an official dub release but MLXR did a really professional fandub for 'My Teenage Romantic Comedy SNAFU' , so my question is could i request this? its available on downvids and dailymotion i think it was. on there trailer on youtube MLXR said in the comments he wanted it on more sites and id like to see it on here if its possible but thought id inquire first before requesting!
    :k_huh?:

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We typically only list official dubbed anime that have been released by licensed companies, including but not limited to:
    • FUNimation
    • Viz Media
    • Sentai Filmworks
    • Aniplex USA
    • Media Blasters
    Fandubs are not official dubs and will not show up as dubbed on sites like Anime News Network or My Anime List because it hasn't been licensed with an official English cast. Since Sentai Filmworks is currently the license holder for SNAFU, an official dub release is questionable at best.
    If a fandub gets listed and an official dub is announced by Sentai Filmworks, the fandub would likely end up being replaced by the official dub.

In short, this will likely be a "no."

@Sporadic and @Laximus, any (additional) input or thoughts on this?

3. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I thought I'd include my 2 cents so I made a little flowchart:

Untitled1.png

If we let 1 fandub in we'd have to let all the fandubs in.

4. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm on a 15 minute break so I'll put in my two sense quickly. Here are the all the problems that come with fandubs.

Cons
    #1. Inconsistency with releases of new episodes. Unlike large scale companies these are typically handled by a very small team. Scouting or looking for volunteers can prove challenging. This makes it hard to inform anyone of when or if a new episode will air.

#2. Being shut down. This normally goes against licensing rights and the fair use terms of service. Be it abridged series or fandubs. If yo watch any fandub or abridged series on youtube you know this to be true.

#3. How would we categorize this? It would likely have to have it's own separate location I think or be labeled as such. From there we would have to provide the names of those involved and who actually does own rights. That's just more work on our part.

#4. Would anyone go out of there way to watch these here?

As for Pros I can't really see there being any. Maybe I need to think longer about it. Really wish I had the time for that. Hope to be back in the next couple weeks everyone. Peace​