Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Cabin Fever remake debuts its first trailer

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Feb 2, 2016.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Cabin Fever remake debuts its first trailer

Eli Roth's Cabin Fever is now 14 years old: plenty old enough, apparently, to be ripe for the remake treatment. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts to turn the cabin-in-the-woods / flesh-eating-virus horror into a franchise, a new team has decided to start again from scratch. Travis Zariwny (who made Intruder and is here credited as "Travis Z") is the director, and the first trailer has just emerged.

The unfortunate kids this time are Gage Golightly (from MTV's Teen Wolf series), Dustin Ingram, Samuel Davis, Matthew Daddario and Nadine Crocker. Roth is acting as executive producer and is also the writer. That's not because he's re-tooled the script, but because Zariwny worked from the exact same screenplay that Roth co-wrote with Randy Pearlstein in 2002.

Unsurprisingly then, much of the new promo seems very familiar, from the general store to the infamous leg-shaving sequence. But there are additions to. Now they have machine guns (ho ho ho), and there's also a dog with a nasty case of necrotising fasciitis. Hope it's not Dr. Mambo!

“Travis had an amazing vision for my original script," said Roth back when this project was announced, "and as a scary movie fan I really wanted to see it. I almost see this like re-staging a play."

The new Cabin Fever gets a limited release in the States on February 12.