Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Blue Gender

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by shane_dalvin, May 29, 2015.

1. shane_dalvin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Did anyone else enjoy this show as much as I did? It's probably in my top 3 sci/fi anime watched so far. I haven't watched the movie but I read that it's pretty much the exact same story, just an hour and a half long.

2. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah I'll just go ahead and light the fire right here, Blue Gender is a totally underrated mecha series that was released around a similar timeframe as Evangelion, and it does everything that Evangelion tried to do, except better and more maturely across the board. It's psychological, it's fucked up, but it's done so in such a way that it is meaningful and entertaining to the plot, and there's no annoying teenage protagonist, no weird pacing issues, no totally unexplained plot points, and no nonsensical "congratulations" ending that was basically done because the producers ran out of budget. Of course Yuji is still a whiny bitch in the beginning just like Shinji, but unlike Shinji he actually evolves and mans up as a character over time, and does so in a believable manner.

Great show, I gave it an 8/10, which I do not hand out liberally.

Yeah the movie is basically the same thing as the TV series except very, very condensed, and the ending is quite a bit different because of where they chose to stop it in the plot, and because of the odd spot where they chose to conclude, it kinda leaves you unsatisfied with loose ends. For this reason it's fun extra material to watch if you've already seen the series, but definitely would NOT recommend to someone who has not seen the TV series yet, because it will just spoil a lot of plot points while rushing through everything and not having the same impact as the series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Anytime someone makes a "this did things better then eva" I get those nice feelings :)

Interesting, this one fell under my radar. Maybe I should get around to it.

4. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    I do remember watching it awhile ago when I did a big anime bender, cant recall much of it as I watched about 8-12 different anime's that mouth.