Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Bloodborne + Old Hunters: Fear the old blood.

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Guts, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Bloodborne
    For those of who don't know me, I have been a fan of from softwares games for a few years now, Ever since Hidetaka Miyazaki made souls it brought a certain magic to my life when I picked up the controller and delved into it. When he made PlayStation exclusive Bloodborne I couldn't have been happier to hear about it. There is something magical about Bloodborne, even with the lack of proper magic in the game. It was captivating. It's beauty though gothic and sometimes absolutely horrifying and dark it never pushed you away from Yharnman, instead it drew you in closer. FromSoftware really hit it out of the park with Bloodborne and I couldn't have been happier to consume it. Like usual I will create a list highlighting everything that I liked and disliked. While I will also be scoring it based on that.

Story
    Although from has long since abandoned telling the story and walking you through it. The atmosphere and item descriptions tell a story all by its own. From the moment you meet Eileen and Alfred there is already reasons for their attitudes and beliefs established so long as you read the item descriptions. The 2 characters I focused on are early game so you should meet them in your first playthrough regardless of what you do. The one thing that really amazed me was figuring out Father Gascoignes story. I will not spoil it here, if you wish to know then google It for yourself. Now, the main plot would be that You're inside of the hunters dream, which alludes to your character being asleep the entire game. However it isn't ever that simple; your decisions in the dream impact the outer world, the dream essentially is just a reality that exist on the side of the real one, however if you do something to change the dream your reality has shaped differently and you're forever stuck in the dream as Gerhman the first Hunter was. It also takes place during the time that the hunters like to call "The hunt" where beast and kin alike all come out and it's your job to slay them. However every place you will venture too in the game will bear significance to the story. Even if it doesn't seem like there is, trust me there is. Even the pre existing covenants that exist are outstanding. The healing church, the choir, Vilebloods, the list goes on. However there is more to highlight!

Graphics
    Bloodborne is easily the most beautifully crafted game graphically that FromSoftware had made. It has a million particles that just add to the atmosphere, And the places you travel too look absolutely breathtaking, even the places that feel a little weird to the game, look and felt absolutely outstanding. Even the weirdness to the game didn't change the beauty of the game.

Soundtrack
    When we talk about from software and soundtracks by this point there should be no surprise that they're absolutely outstanding and Bloodborne does that and more. Every note that is played by the orchestra is absolutely beautiful, it is suitable for every situation when you hit the boss room you can grasp the tension just by the way the soundtrack is going from its highs and lows. This soundtrack will wow you. Just listening to it over was the best thing I did. The DLC soundtrack is twice as better the only thing I can say is. The final boss of the base game. His song feels a little anti climatic but beautiful. It was mellow and the violin really created an atmosphere for the end coming to the dream. Unlike micolash waking up. You will not forget anything about this dream and this soundtrack.

Gameplay
    The gameplay is actually a lot different than that of a souls game. Backstabs can only be done by visceral attacking and the parry system relies on the gun. The action is fast paced and the stamina recovers a whole bunch faster. It feels fluid and feels perfect regardless of only being at 30FPS it managed to make magic happen and it works well for itself. I personally think the gameplay is great, and makes the game extremely enjoyable.

I would say the best way to experience a from software game is to play it instead of reading a review or watching a million videos. My words will not be able to do this masterpiece any justice. The daunting task of killing these grotesque monsters must be done by a hunter and a hunter of your caliber. I rate the game

10/10

Although the game is not perfect, it doesn't have any problems that would reduce the score for me. If you have a PS4 do yourself a favor and just play the game.

2. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Grant us eyes.. grant us eyes..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    on of the most frustrating game I have ever played but I just could not put it down it was that freaking good:)

It was a challenging and Fun its really hard to explain!

Great Game

good review
    @Guts

4. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Certainly there was. It just had this captivating magic that surrounded yharnam that just pulled you deeper the more you died the more you came back. Just the secrets of yharnam and the nightmare kept me craving more. I'm on NG+ now and Orphan of kos is still fucking me up. But I can't put I down.