Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Blood Lust August 2017

Discussion in 'Elimination Games' started by Batosai, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Satoko Houjou Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Claire Stanfield - Baccano [1]
    Satoko

Rena Ryuuguu - Higurashi [2]
    Bato
    Teknoman X

Why did it have to be this matchup?

Still, it's the principle of the thing.

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    Claire Stanfield - Baccano [2]
    Satoko
    noobs

Rena Ryuuguu - Higurashi [2]
    Bato
    Teknoman X

rena only went berserk because of the toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.

3. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    SUPPORTING RENA WHO HAS CANONICALLY KILLED OVER 40 PEOPLE INCLUDING CHILDREN

Claire Stanfield - Baccano [2]
    Satoko
    noobs

Rena Ryuuguu - Higurashi [3]
    Maddy
    Bato
    Teknoman X

4. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    And it's the children killer who moves on. Too bad for last years runner up who had a tough match up in the first round here.

Round 1, Match 5:
    Masane Amaha - Witchblade - @Princess_Shirin VS Alucard - Hellsing Ultimate - @Teknoman X

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Masane Amaha - Witchblade [0]

Alucard - Hellsing Ultimate [1]
    Bato

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6

Alucard - Hellsing Ultimate [2]
    Bato
    Supernatural Knight

6. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0

Alucard - Hellsing Ultimate [3]
    Bato
    Supernatural Knight
    Teknoman X

7. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1

Alucard - Hellsing Ultimate [4]
    Maddy
    Bato
    Supernatural Knight
    Teknoman X

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Alucard moves on.

Round 1, Match 6:
    Seryu Ubiquitous - Akame ga Kill - @Satoko Houjou VS Makoto Shishio - Rurouni Kenshin - Batosai

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seryu Ubiquitous - Akame ga Kill [0]

Makoto Shishio - Rurouni Kenshin [1]
    Bato

Makoto Shishio his only reason to still live is to see blood flow. He kills anyone he does not like or who stands in his way. His motto is that only the strong should live and all the weak should die.

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Justice bitch was a bloodthirsty character, but she had her own warped sense of justice and so she wouldn't kill indiscriminately. Shishio sounds like a much more fun character.

Makoto Shishio - Rurouni Kenshin [2]
    Bato
    Supernatural Knight

10. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0

Makoto Shishio - Rurouni Kenshin [3]
    Bato
    Supernatural Knight

Teknoman X

11. SkeLo Trophy Hunter Content Manager

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    NewSeryu Ubiquitous - Akame ga Kill [1]
    SkeLo

Makoto Shishio - Rurouni Kenshin [3]
    Bato
    Supernatural Knight

Teknoman X

12. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Seryu Ubiquitous - Akame ga Kill [1]
    SkeLo

Makoto Shishio - Rurouni Kenshin [4]
    Maddy
    Bato
    Supernatural Knight

Teknoman X

13. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Shishio moves on.

Round 1, Match 7:
    Leon Kennedy - Biohazard: Vendetta - @Samet Chan VS Rize Kamishiro - Tokyo Ghoul - @AngeloDaniele

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leon Kennedy - Biohazard: Vendetta [0]

Rize Kamishiro - Tokyo Ghoul [1]
    Bato

The pictures of today aren't much of a help. I don't know Leon Kennedy, I do know Rize. Rize is a ghoul, a creature who can only survive by eating human flesh. This is no news obviously to the ones who have seen Tokyo Ghoul. They have hunger for flesh, not necessarily for blood i think. Although Rize doesn't mind having her face and body full of blood of her victims and neither do most other ghouls.

14. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0

Rize Kamishiro - Tokyo Ghoul [2]
    Bato
    Dylanar

15. SkeLo Trophy Hunter Content Manager

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0

Rize Kamishiro - Tokyo Ghoul [3]
    Bato
    Dylanar
    SkeLo

I know Leon from the Resident Evil franchise... but I wouldn't really consider him blood hungry...
    I still haven't watched Tokyo Ghoul yet... but I'll go with Rize cos she looks hot (even for a ghoul)...

16. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    I've never seen Tokyo Ghoul, so I don't know a thing about Rize. I've seen the Resident Evil .series and can't say that Leon is blood thirsty.
    So I'm gonna abstain.

17. AngeloDaniele Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I think I'll call this one a win.

Rize Kamishiro - Tokyo Ghoul [4]
    Bato
    Dylanar
    SkeLo
    Angelo

18. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    And that's what it is. Rize continues her hunt for the title.

Round 1, Match 8:
    Koko Hekmatyar - Jormungand - @Vladnyx VS Yuki "Hazama" Terumi - BlazBlue Alter Memory - @SkeLo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Koko Hekmatyar - Jormungand [1]
    Bato

Yuki "Hazama" Terumi - BlazBlue Alter Memory [0]

I cannot vote against Koko. I nominated her once during these games in chicks with guns. She didn't make it far that time.

19. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    See Terumi looks like an intriguing character, but he has one fatal flaw. His anime was absolutely atrocious, only video game players will know enough about the characters from that franchise.
    Koko is a brilliant weapons salesman that employs mercenaries to be her bodyguards and boy do they get the job done. Although due to the final parts of the franchise there is something that makes me wonder how deserving she is.

Koko Hekmatyar - Jormungand [2]
    Bato
    Supernatural Knight

#39 Supernatural-Knight, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2017
  20. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Koko Hekmatyar - Jormungand [3]
    Bato
    Supernatural Knight
    Vladnyx

Well @Supernatural-Knight I think I understand where it is your going with this though I'll take great time to elaborate basically focusing on the later parts of the series. Warning to all as this is spoiler filled and if you have seen it then this will prove lengthy.

The reason I nominated her was strictly due in part on her ideal "New World" By creating and launching Jormungand (A quantum computer) paired with HDL1 (126 Global Positioning Satellites) this enables her at any given whim to limit every single transportation system on Earth. First target is the skies (Military Aircraft, Civilian Planes, Space Capsules, Rockets (ICBM's or Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles). This portion alone is estimated to kill roughly 700,000 people (This doesn't even directly take into account all the other lives she indirectly ended). From there her next targets are the open seas and lastly land. By doing this she is literally thrusting everyone back in time. By making this decree and knowledge known to her compatriots she invokes her claim and belief that will untimely lead to total Global Peace. She gloats so much to say as it's ironic that people claim to strive for World Peace but it takes a Arms Dealer such as herself to actually achieve a lasting solution. After stating this she's asked well aren't you playing GOD? And wow the answer she retorts with is marvelous. "It is said that once GOD sent an angle to smite 185,000 Assyrian soldiers, but whether killed by GOD or an enemy soldiers are expected to die. If a battlefield slaughter is the best GOD can do I would think that me preventing those men from becoming soldiers in the first place makes me greater than GOD. Now that in and of it's self doesn't fully explain why she is deserving so lets move on shall we.

For the most part I place my reasons based on Koko's brother Kasper's viewpoints and derogative standing. The man is beyond skilled at reading into a person based only on ones facial expressions & behaviors. Upon doing so during the two years Jonah is under his employment he is able to tell the boy has developed a taste for weapons which honestly goes against Jonah's morality. He tries so hard to reject the damn things yet carries them without even thinking about it. Shortly after Jonah's departure from Kasper's crew this is proven true after he throws his rifle over a cliff and proceeds to throw his pistol next. However, Jonah is unable to do so sickened and quite possibly ashamed at how the world revolves around power & control through the usage of weapons. Ultimately I think this is what Koko was waiting for. After Jonah being gone from Koko's side for two years he has had time to see the world and it's conflicts. Upon his return Koko ask Jonah whats the verdict? "Who's more crazy me or the world". When further questioned on if Jormungand will really bring peace to the world her only response is "I'm no fortune teller but I do like my odds". Her statement of "The Heavens are about to experience over a century of retrogression. Only wired to move forward & never back and the sky that used to symbolize ultimate achievement will be closed to us. When we see the dawn or a soaring bird we'll be reminded of of what we were to reckless to keep. The humiliation of humanity will constantly hang over our heads. Do you think the human race will continue fighting then?" Personally she believes they won't because we as humans we can't stand humiliation.

Now for those thinking I was done I'm sorry but I must speak of Koko's motivations. Without doing so wouldn't do her any service otherwise. For a good comparison I'll use her brother Kasper. He's a egoist and believes that humanity is inherently dark and violent, and that Jormungand will only temporarily thwart our desire for war. Our violent urges will instead lead to different types of war and ultimately ones more profitable to arms dealers within Koko’s New World. He believes arms dealers will always have a place in this world to serve the violent impulses of humanity. Basically being the messengers of life or death and to a high degree I think he rather enjoys this.

On the opposite spectrum you have Koko who is more of a optimist. She believes that there is some good in us (or at least that shame/humiliation will override our violent impulses and carnal nature), and so Jormungand will cause us to sit back, reflect, and ultimately work together towards a brighter future. She hates being an arms dealer, but always manages to keep her emotions hidden under a mask. And with the hopeful demise of war through Jormungand, her role will be over. Koko even refers to herself as a “former arms dealer”.

Koko’s attitude parallels the resolution in Code Geass which I'll use as a comparison. Rather than martyring yourself to end the chains of hatred in order to help humanity, you simply shame them into it. Both involve an individual crazed enough to seek some form of world domination. However, similar to Lelouch’s solution in Code Geass, you have to wonder whether Koko’s solution will be enough, and how long it may last. I do have to agree that shame is indeed a powerful and often underestimated emotion, but I’m not sure if I share her confidence here at least in our modern day world.

When you take a look at the impending wars for water and natural resources into account something I had completely overlooked, although it’s more apparent in hindsight, and perhaps eerily prophetic. Koko’s plan no longer seems nearly as brutal or outrageous. And we notice that after the time-skip in the last episode, casualties have already surpassed those she would be responsible for from the activation of Jormungand. The world proves Koko’s point for her, and all Jonah can do is sit back and despair. So in the end you have to ask yourself will she continue on no matter the sacrifice until Global Peace is reached? And if so how many more lives have to be lost to obtain it?/SPOILER]