Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Bizarre Nature Photos Show How Strange Earth Really Is

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Vladnyx, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    These photos might look like they come from an alien planet, but it turns out our own little Earth is capable of some truly weird stuff. All of these things occur naturally across the globe. A lot of the reasons why go over my head, but it's all true. It's easy to appreciate the wondrous beauty of Earth without knowing exactly how it happens. Take a look at some of the cool things you didn't realize happen on our home planet.

#1. Never-ending Wave: Occurs twice a year in Brazil when the Atlantic ocean meets the mouth of the Amazon River. The resulting waves can travel 500 miles inland before slowing down.
    [​IMG]

#2. Danxia Landforms: Over millions of years, the red sandstone and mineral deposits in certain areas of China have created these rainbow-like landforms.
    [​IMG]

#3. Horsetail Falls: In Yosemite National Park, California, this waterfall looks more like lava with a bright orange glow at certain times of the day in February.
    [​IMG]

#4. Assembly Of Crabs: Off the coast of Australia on Christmas Island, the annual migration of nearly 120 million red crabs creates quite a sight as they make their way to the ocean.
    [​IMG]

#5.
    Lake Abraham, Canada: This human-made and committee-named lake is known by nature photographers everywhere for the way its bubbles freeze mid-rise in the water during the winter. Of course, the bubbles aren't air, but methane gas, caused by bacteria eating dead organic matter on the lake floor. That means that this lake gives off flammable gas.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blastarolla Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Man. Nature is pretty awesome.

3. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    My personal favourite, sailing stones:
    [​IMG]

4. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    @VeritasOdiumParit I have never heard of these stones. You got me very intrigued though. So much so I had to watch this video explaining what causes these stones to move.