Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Beyond the Boundary Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Natsu, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Genres: Fantasy, Slice of Life, Supernatural

The dark fantasy follows a high school sophomore named Akihito Kanbara. Although the boy appears human, he is half youmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among members of the spirit world. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.

It's time to discuss the anime Beyond the Boundary, also known as Kyoukai no Kanata, discussion will go on for a while and also you can now start nominating anime for the next activity so, START TALKING

@Supernatural-Knight
    @Sporadic
    @BK-201
    @Sir-Maddy
    @Delta
    @Natsuru-san
    @MrLincecum
    @Doomguy
    @Eclipse
    @Metazoxan
    @OtakuSenseiHig
    @Jaysp656
    @Heizengard
    @ShadowLinks

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    So we can all agree this was KyoAni's worst show?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Haha you're funny Maddy, that is either clannad or haruhi. One I hate and the other I won't go near so they would be their worst show. I don't care what anyone thinks this is how I feel about these two 'loved' franchises, so as far as I'm concerned this wasn't too bad. Lets not forget Chuunibyou season 2, that was crap too.

A mostly average show though that I somehow rated a 7 [apparently], it wasn't really worth it and the show made no sense in the end. Even Free beats this show.
    The glasses fetish and his friends, eh I didn't really care for that kind of comedy. My favourite part of this show is how it is used in the animegraphy 2013.

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I wasn't trying to be funny, I'm being serious.

5. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Well, a friend of mine watched the anime while it was airing back on October and she really became a fan of the anime, somehow I had the time to watch the anime again with her, still enjoyed the anime

6. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Didn't really like or dislike or find it interesting. Something felt off in the beginning and then EPISODE FREAKING 10. That kinda made it interesting for me, although i'd still only give 6/10.

7. Eclipse Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I go pretty in-depth in my episodes on it, but overall I thought it was a good series that was just one step off from being what it should've been. The first few (apart from the filler) I really loved. I was a bit puzzled on a couple things once we got to the Hollow Shadow. I had some questions, but by the time it ended I was just plain confused. The ending seemed pretty contrived. In fact, the whole thing seemed like it was about to go dark and then backed off from it. Mind you, I still LOVED the plot twists, but C'MON! The end of 9 was fantastic, and it seemed like they couldn't handle writing the story that dark. Overall I still thought it was great, though. Animation, characters, and story were really great, but the plotholes and unwillingness to have anything be unhappy. Also that was one of the worst ending lines ever. I'd say 8.5/10, maybe.

8. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    First of all, I did not know this was subbed but anyways I really enjoyed this series but it was a bit confusing in the beginning but once you got to ep. 10 it made a whole lot more sense. The action scenes were pretty good and the comedy was alright but I did get a few chuckles when Mirai would lie and start cleaning her glasses. I will say that I did get a bit emotional at the end when Mirai died :'( The things that I did not like were the fillers, the series is too short to have fillers. They were a somewhat entertaining but I could have done without them. Also, I did not liked that Mirai came back to life without explanation. I feel like they need to make another season cause even at the end the story still had too many unanswered questions. Like I said I still enjoyed it and give it an 8/10

9. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I give this anime a 7.5/10
    As to the anime itself, was really good, (It'd have to be to get that 0.5 extra as I rate most anime a 7.0) I loved the comedy, that included how the characters talked to each other and enteracted together, twas real funny, and his mom, oh god that poor boy but hey, I still love her even if she was my mom and embarrassed me like that. xD

As for what people been saying in here that it was confusing, not really for me, esp the more it went on. As for Merai coming back to life, I'm GLAD and THANKFUL she did, I would have docked that 7.5 down to either a 6.5 or a 7.0 at the least had she not of. Yea there was no "explanation" as to why she came back to life but, I believe that can be found in how she "lost" her life. So, basically, her soul and such (Blood included) was tied to beyond the boundary, when it went back inside of Akito was it? She disappeared but, wouldn't it make sense for her to re-appear once all was well with beyond the boundary? I mean, if she went inside of Akito, he wished for her back so, she got released or, or she didn't then odds are her body/soul/blood all came back together where it was fused with beyond the boundary. This is prob because she couldn't enter Akito. That's two theories I have anyway.

10. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    i remember waching this anime when it was airing i got bored by the end of episode 3 then finished it in 2014 and i didnt like it because it fell short so fast and the plot didnt stay interesting, heck right now i think i should finish tamako market but i never do

11. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    What made it confusing for me was some of the cut scenes at the end but I guess that was a way to add a bit of mystery to the story but ep. 10 cleared everything for me.

There you go, if they would have said something like that I would be fine and dandy but the fact is that they didn't and thats what I didn't like. BTW those are very interesting theories.