Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Ben Affleck And DC's Geoff Johns Co-Writing Stand-Alone Batman Film

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Jul 10, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Ben Affleck And DC's Geoff Johns Co-Writing Stand-Alone Batman Film
    For Affleck to direct and star in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]10 July 2015 | Written by James White | Source: Deadline

[​IMG]

It’s something that has been floating in the rumour mists for a while now, but it appears Warner Bros. and DC are ready to move ahead to the next stage. According to Deadline, Ben Affleck is co-writing a stand-alone Batman film with DC Comics’ chief creative officer Geoff Johns for the current Caped Crusader to direct.

Reportedly, Affleck and Johns – who has written some of the company’s fan favourite comic book series and works on the various TV incarnations of its characters – clicked in terms of creative outlook and have already started work on a script. The timing is necessary because Affleck is headed off to shoot his next directorial outing, the Dennis Lehane adaptation Live By Night, in November. He’ll then be back on superhero duty for the Justice League films before he gets to work on a movie that takes a look at how Batman has been affected by his interaction with the League’s members.

There was no mention of a solo Batman film on Warners’ big schedule announcement last October, but there's a likely slot in 2019. Assuming this all turns out to be accurate, we’d expect to hear something during Warner Bros.’ panel for Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice at Comic-Con this Saturday.

2. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    For all the shit he's been getting about how he's gonna tank @ this roll, I think he's gonna nail it. He's a great actor, he just has a bad habit of choosing shitty parts in shitty movies. I've never been a batman fan, but I'm really looking forward to seeing his version of the caped crusader.

3. Vespy Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i hope he does well as batman i mean maybe he'll be better then he was as daredevil everybody deserves a chance at redemption at least i think so.