Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Barakamon

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Laximus, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Laximus Espada | Anime Dealer

Ratings:
    +965 / 0 / -0
    An aspiring artist’s world is about to be turned upside down. Seishu exiles himself to a small island to rediscover his passion as a calligrapher after violently attacking one of his most vocal critics. While the Goto Islands appear to be a tranquil paradise on the surface, this young mapmaker soon learns that wacky neighbors and hyperactive children just might provide him the sense of humor he needs on his journey towards self-discovery.​

2. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I have already seen the original subbed version and def rate as one of my Top 5 favorite anime of all time!!!
    One of the reasons for this was the character of Naru, a rambunctious, funny, and warmhearted 6 year girl ( whose role was brilliantly portrayed by the then 9 year old child actress, Suzuko Hara ), who is the doppelganger in terms of personality of my younger sister, Gianna, when she was that age.
    This was also a major source of concern for me when I heard that Funimation would be dubbing the first 2 eps. as promos, as I worried the integrity of the charm and humor of the voice acting would be lost in the VA's abilities and the translation itself. I was not worried about Robert McCollum voicing Seishu as he is a great voice actor and felt that his voice was sufficiently suited for the role, but was def worried when I heard that Alison Viktorin would be voicing Naru because of her inexperience in child roles.

But I was pleasantly surprised after watching the dubbed eps. with Naru's voicing and the voice acting for the entire cast in general. Although I thought Naru's character lost some of her charm in the dubbed version, Alison did a fairly good job!!
    I will def continue watching as they release more dubbed eps. in the near future!!!

3. Dan Wolfear20 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Simply a lovely little story with a lovable cast of fun characters and would recommend to watch.