Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Avatar: The Legend of Korra: Eska's Behavior =SPOILERS= [11/1/13]

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Lince, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Once again, this thread is only intended for those who have watched up to Season 2, Episode 9 of Legend of Korra. If you have not, turn back now or forever hold your peace.

After watching today's episode, I figured i'd try and analyze my favorite character and see if I can try and predict her back-story while knowing very little clues... ya know, for fun! I want to see if I can solve her strange behavior before the solution is presented.

Today's date is [11/1/13], so I had no knowledge of her back-story prior to writing this post. I have used no online sources in the obtaining of any of this information or thoughts.

This is what I came up with:
    I'm kinda guessing here, but I think that Eska is so possessive because she's never really had control of anything. I think that most of her life [as well as Desna's] was to help Unalaq get the spirit portals open. He never really gave them any control of their fate. After Eska found something she really wanted [Bolin], she tried desperately to keep him because it was something she could hold onto. However, when Bolin leaves with Korra, she snaps because its just like the way her life has gone up to that point, never having control of anything. She's angry at Korra, not Bolin. I think she actually likes Bolin.

My evidence to support this would be Eska's makeup when she was chasing after Korra and afterwards when meeting with Unalaq. If you look closely, you can see that the makeup was streaking down her face. This is a clue that she had been crying recently. As far as I know, a girl wouldn't cry unless they felt hurt.

Whether it's anger or sadness, she was hurt by Bolin leaving, meaning she legitimately cared about him.

Most of this is just a complete guess, and is very debatable. But I figured, why the hell not? Feel free to comment on my thoughts if you want. I may add/change thoughts as the days progress.