Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Attack on Titan 2nd Season's 1st English-Subtitled Promo Video Features Beast Titan

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Funimation began streaming the first promotional video on Saturday for the second anime season of Attack on Titan. The video features English subtitles.

Pony Canyon is also streaming the same video without subtitles, although it is region-locked and can't be viewed in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and South Korea.

While the original announcement in July for the show's returning cast had included Keiji Fujiwara as Hannes, the video doesn't list Hannes in the cast section. Fujiwara announced in August he was taking a break "for a while" from his voice acting activities to undergo medical treatment for an unspecified illness.

The anime will premiere in April on MBS and Tokyo MX, and Funimation has already licensed the anime.
    [​IMG]
    Tetsuro Araki, the director of the first anime season, is acting as the chief director on the second season, and episode director Masashi Koizuka is taking over as director. Many of the other main staff members, including series writer Yasuko Kobayashi, character designer Kyoji Asano, and composer Hiroyuki Sawano are returning from the first season. WIT STUDIO is again producing the animation. The main cast is also returning.

The first 25-episode season aired from April-September 2013.

Both Funimation and Crunchyroll streamed the first season as it aired in Japan, and Funimation released the series on home video in 2014. The first season also inspired two compilation anime films in 2014 and 2015.

Hajime Isayama's original manga has also inspired numerous spinoff manga, several novel series, a two-part live-action film project, a spinoff live-action television series, and an OVA. Two of the spinoff manga —Attack on Titan: No Regrets and Attack on Titan: Junior High — received anime adaptations of their own.

Isayama launched the manga in Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in 2009, and Kodansha published the 21st volume in Japan on December 9. Kodansha Comics publishes the manga in print in English. Crunchyroll also publishes the manga in English digitally as new chapters are published in Japan.​

#1 Vladnyx, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    FUUUUUUUU @Vladnyx I'd preferred if you had linked the Pony Canyon vid because I can understand the Japanese not wanting to show off too much. But bloody Funimation not making it available in Aus when all they've done is add the friggin subtitles is the dumbest thing I've heard of. I forgot how much I hate Funimation sometimes.
    I'll just go cry in my corner, trying to find a link to the Japanese one because who cares about a video from stupid America anyway. Not like I wanted to watch it with subtitles or anything.

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Awfully sorry about that @Supernatural-Knight because I thought I attached the embed for that video. Clearly I didn't. At least it read that Funimation released it with English subtitles. Still that's no excuse. As per Funimation's decision to do things this way did actually have me puzzled. They showcased some spoiler like content and included subtitles, though I think they may have had Cruncyroll aid them with that due to the partnership and what not.

If you still haven't found Pony Cannon's video I have it up for viewing now. ​

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Haha thanks but I found it not very long after posting that @Vladnyx. It has nothing to do with spoilers or anything, simply funimation being jerks and blocking other regions from watching their creative content that they only added bloody subtitles to. It is typical of them, I don't think I've been able to watch a trailer from them ever, which is why I stick with the Japanese ones.

Can anyone say hype?

5. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I figured as much but I went and added it anyway @Supernatural-Knight. It's odd that companies chose to region block as there really isn't a good reason for doing so. And it doesn't fall just to Funimation's doing, everybody does it. Well at least the hype is real. I just hope they don't pull the rug out from under use when it's all over by making use wait 3 years for a third season.​