Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A get an anime

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Mark Denn, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Mark Denn News Man

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    The first 2015 issue of Square Enix's Young Gangan magazine is confirming on Friday that an anime adaptation of Chūgaku Akamatsu and Kobuichi's Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A (Hidan no Aria AA) manga has been green-lit.

Media Factory had teased in July that there will be two new announcements for the "AA Project" this winter.

The story revolves around Akari Mamiya, a first-year E-rank student at Tokyo Butei High School who aims to become a Butei and idolizes her S-rank upperclassman Aria H. Kanzaki. The high school has an "Amica" system where one upperclassman is paired with one underclassmen for training, and the manga follows Akari as she strives to get Aria to become her Amica.

Akamatsu and Kobuichi launched the manga in Young Gangan in 2010. Square Enix published the eighth compiled volume in Japan in August.

Akamatsu's original Aria the Scarlet Ammo (Hidan no Aria) novels inspired an anime in 2011. Funimation licensed the anime for simultaneous streaming and home video release.

[Via 0takomu]

2. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    OK I was actually a little excited for this because I remember Aria the Scarlet Ammo being pretty funny and entertaining even if a bit shallow, but I don't understand the decision to focus on this new chick over Aria and Kinji. The tsundere dynamic between them was what made half the show. Now they're just throwing some other random chick into the mix and no word if Kinji is even going to be in it. Rather disappointing...

3. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'm with my buddy Siets on this one. No MC and no Aria = a boring time.
    Taking the focus of a universe off of the most interesting characters and introducing a new viewpoint and dynamic.... It doesn't work well.
    Look at that shite Soul eater spinoff for confirmation of this.

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Guys, it's a spin-off of Aria: The Scarlet Ammo.

Meaning they focus on a different or new character, while the other 2 get sidelined.
    Also means you don't have to watch the original series.

Which is good for someone like me to refuses to watch the original series, bit ironic isn't it?

That spin-off was always gonna be used for world-building though, the characters were shit but at least the world was nice.

5. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    But why wouldn't you watch the original series? Quite frankly Aria's universe is garbage. It's a generic modern high school setting with generic sci-fi/supernatural elements mixed in. The only redeemable quality about it is the fun characters, which they are now taking away.

I want a proper Aria season 2.

6. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    You answered that for me.