Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Anime Cafe and TMC Present: Spirited Away

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Sporadic, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    The Anime Cafe's newest activity is Spirited Away! You have until no later than October 31st to watch. Discussions will begin now for those of you who have already watched and wish to begin talking about the movie.

The Midnight Channel will also host the movie on Halloween day via livestream at 3:00PM PST / 6:00PM EST. Tune in and watch some anime with JustDubs! http://justdubsonline.net/the-midnight-channel

[​IMG]

On the way to their new home, 10-year-old Chihiro Ogino's family stumbles upon a deserted theme park. Intrigued, the family investigates the park, though unbeknownst to them, it is secretly inhabited by spirits who sleep by day and appear at night. When Chihiro's mother and father eat food from a restaurant in the street, angry spirits turn them into pigs. Furthermore, a wide sea has appeared between the spirit world and the human one, trapping Chihiro, the sole human, in a land of spirits. Luckily for her though, a mysterious boy named Haku appears, claiming to know her from the past. Under his instructions, Chihiro secures a job in the bathhouse where Haku works. With only her courage and some new found friends to aid her, Chihiro embarks on a journey to turn her parents back to their original forms and return home.​

Let the discussion begin!

@AtomicFlame
    @Azraled
    @b1azinchaosMc
    @BaconMan8910
    @Batosai
    @BK-201
    @Crazy Potato
    @dedseed1
    @Delta
    @Doomguy
    @Eclipse
    @FlameEditz
    @gray adward
    @Heizengard
    @IssyBee
    @Jaysp656
    @johnb
    @Keiichi-Morisato
    @Metazoxan
    @Natsuru-san
    @Noobs
    @obdriver6
    @Ophelia
    @OtakuSenseiHig
    @Ovyda
    @RodRule
    @Sammy Madison
    @ShadowLinks
    @shifter101
    @Sir-Maddy
    @Sporadic
    @Supernatural-Knight
    @The-Judgeman
    @TheManWithoutAPlan
    @TwistedDesires
    @Vishal09x
    @Yunumi

2. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    (Y) I'll be there.

3. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    a sunday morning for me. ill try to participate (for once).

4. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I've set this to a watched thread and will wait for others to begin discussing. Hopefully they don't forget. lol (Halloween and all)

5. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I can't see the members of this group. Weird.

Anyway, I have seen this film before. It's OK for what it is. Found the story a little confusing, and the characters are drawn in typical Ghibli fashion from the strange, to the outright weird. Still, it's a nice story for what it's worth. Not the best anime I have ever see, but it is still one of the decent Ghibli films. I remember when the film came out over here in the UK, there were a lot of trailers for it. But, at the time I wasn't much of a fan anime outside of Dragon Ball Z, Digimon, Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! And then I finally got round to watching it whilst I was at university 3 years ago. So this film doesn't quite have the nostalgic feel to it that I had hoped for. Maybe I'm too old for Ghibli films, (except Princess Mononoke).

6. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0

I watched it for the first time this year. Not my typical type of anime, but I really enjoyed it.

7. Sammy Madison Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The anime movie was entertaining but I agree with VeritasOdiumParit....it doesnt give me a warm fuzzy feeling...

I do...like the white dragon.... and the fact it was a Studio Ghibli.... I dont like the fact that her parents were turned into pigs.... cuz if she couldnt tell her parents from the rest of the pigs her parents would be gone.... (thats vry dark)

I own all but this one.... I hope everyone else enjoys the film.... ^_^

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Time is up! Everyone who didn't discuss yet can begin now!