Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Anime! Anime! Readers Decide Which Waifu Is Best, Once And For All

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Teknoman X, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0

[​IMG]
    The readers of anime news website Anime! Anime! asked its readers to decide which anime character would make the best wife. The site held a poll on December 3 in honor of "Wife Day."

The candidates were selected from the top 25 choices previously nominated via Twitter. A total of 879 people responded to the poll, 67% male and 23% female. Reigning waifu Asuna from Sword Art Online took first place. Both she and Kirito have topped polls for top couple, and Asuna is also inspiring would-be parents.

In second place is newly minted favorite Rem from Re:Zero. The character recently suited up for her big day in the Kai-Ri-Sei Million Arthur mobile game, while Comiket 91 merchandise also interpreted her wedding attire to show more skin.

In third place is Saekano's Megumi Katō, the girl who inspires otaku Tomoya Aki to model a girl in his doujin game after her. The character is working as a personal assistant for Sony's Xperia Ear bluetooth device.

The top 10 overall results are:

1. Asuna (Sword Art Online)
    2. Rem (Re:Zero)
    3. Megumi Katō (Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend)
    4. Sakura Matō (Fate/stay night)
    5. Akari Kawamoto (March comes in like a lion)
    6. Tsubasa Hanekawa (Monogatari series)
    7. Chise Hatori (The Ancient Magus' Bride)
    8. Miho Azuki (Bakuman.)
    9. Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
    10. Vignette Tsukinose (Gabriel DropOut) (tie)
    11. Miho Nishizumi (Girls und Panzer) (tie)
    Those looking to tie the knot to their two-dimensional wives will find luck with a new service in Japan that offers just that. Gatebox established its Jigen Tokō Kyoku (Dimensional Voyage Department) and began offering a marriage registration service for people who want to record their unions with 2D characters.

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    Asuuna won as best waifu? so ill just gonna post this to those that said Asuna is best waifu. such shit taste lads have these days.

[​IMG]
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/074/987/2fe.gif

inb4
    [​IMG]

we all know that we live by it and know the industry by heart so i find it insulting that theres not enough representation of the predecessors. i could accept that as "waifu of the year" but just putting it as "best waifu" is just plain ignorant for those from the 80's to early 2000s. just look at the top 10, only sakura is from the 90s but i find it questionable since she is under-aged be a wife for she is a grade schooler for goodness sake.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    How the hell Asuna comes out on top is a mystery to me. Useless in a fight and becomes completely reliant on her man......
    I bet that is why actually.

Personally from that list Akari Kawamoto is the clear winner of waifu material. She is so mature and maternal which stems from raising her sisters. She is without a doubt one of the best characters to even consider. Obviously SAO being so popular gives that a boost but for the sheer fact of being motherly Akari dominates everyone.
    Rem would be somewhat closer in my opinion since she is a good maid being competent in all chores. These characteristics should be much more important than who the general public would want to sleep with.

4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Sakura can't be a waifu! She's off limits, what happened to honor among us old school anime people?
    I'm with Noobs, these new gen viewers have no taste.

5. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

This. ^

6. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    I only report the news, guys. I don't agree with it either. Come up with your own list of waifus.