Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Always My Santa: Mediocre Christmas Anime

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Keiichi-Morisato, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Itsudatte My Santa! Series Review

In case you didnt catch the title or the pic, this is a christmas anime.

2 episode OVA (there was a preview for a 3rd but it never aired.)

2 episodes where the second wasnt even needed.

Synopsis: Mai, a Santa in training, appears in front of an unlucky boy named Santa on Christmas Eve, promising him that she will make him happy for one night.
    I've seen enough hentai to .... oh this isnt a hentai???

Yes, the main protagonists name is Santa.
    His birthday is December 24th.

This is the story of a loner kid who is always alone and is appeared to by Mai, a santa claus in training who says she will only develop into her full body when enough people believe.

Story - Pretty typical rip on A Christmas Story.
    Honestly wasnt terrible, but not great either. The parts that kept me around were the slight instances of ecchi with Mai in the shower and once again during her transformation into her full figured, bustier, body.

2nd episode was useless. 6 months pass by and Mai's friend/classmate/rival whatever is sent in and tells Mai that she is her replacement and for has to return to school by christmas eve.
    So her friend is trying to let her make the best of her time and say goodbye to Santa before she has to return to school.

Characters - Mai - Santa in training
    Santa - The main protagonist in this story
    Sherry - Mai's friend/classmate
    MaiMai - Mai's little sister [Real original there]

Voice Acting - I watched this dubbed bc I just wanted to sit back and not read.
    Brittney Karbowski was Mai, Chris Burnett was Santa and Alison Viktorin was Sherry. Colleen Clickenbeard was also in the second episode as Maimai, Mai's little sister.

They all did well but Mai's character was somewhat too high spirited to say. Didnt hurt but maybe didnt need some of the yelling!

Animation - This was made in 2005 by Three Fat Samurai (never heard of that studio before)
    It was mediocre to decent at best with some usage of static images and reusing of Mai's transformation sequence in the second episode.

Overall - 5
    Story - 5
    Voice Acting - 6
    Action - 5
    Music - 5
    Animation - 5

Overall - I gave it a 6 on MAL but really it deserves 5 and I gave extra bc I liked the ecchi. What little there was.

~ Keiichi Morisato

2. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

I’ve seen enough hentai to …. oh this isnt a hentai???

~ Keiichi Morisato

That first claim is wrong!

Otherwise....

Great review!

3. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    What did I get wrong? Seems pretty accurate to me.

4. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    A review on a forum page and not the actual review page? Let me check the TOS and the Moderator's handbook. :p

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    A review on a forum page and not the actual review page? Let me check the TOS and the Moderator’s handbook. [​IMG]

He can post it wherever he wants :p

I didn't think it was a bad as you were saying it was. Still wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. Somewhere on the edge of poor to only watchable during Christmas.

6. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    A review on a forum page and not the actual review page? Let me check the TOS and the Moderator’s handbook. [​IMG]

I posted this then saw the click here to submit your review btn and now both are here :D
    Although the pic didnt automatically resize in the review like it was supposed to.