Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Important About The Low Site Traffic

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by sayWut, Apr 20, 2014.

1. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Hello there Dubtopians, this thread is to help clarify as to why DTR and DT has been receiving such little user traffic and what we are doing to resolve this issue.
    Im going to start off with a basic summary to as you may guess "summarize" the issue with the explanation of the key improvements we attend to roll out.

[​IMG]

Short and somewhat ultra simplified version
    Please not this is BASIC report which leaves out many key features of search engine optimization. But does consist of the basic fundamentals. The rest of this report will be broken down into different segments. The REPORT focuses on DTR because im trying to teach a "concept". (Next report will focuss on DT)

Section 1 - a Short draft version of search engine optimization

There are a lot of websites out there, at least 634 million, with 75% of users never scrolling past the first page of search results. This is why Search Engine optimization is so important and unfortunately where DTR and DT have lacked. when a new creating a new website there are a lot of variables that must be considered before hand as this will greatly increase or decrease the number of possible unique user visits, per day.

For starters the domain name is one of the most important parts of a successful website, one needs to know what other similar and related site names there are, if they already exist and how established they are in terms of popularity. With Dubtopia , it turns out that the large bounce rate (users clicking on this websites search result then immediately leaving) was due to a similar website name (dubtopia) its part of a dub-step group that has been awhile for a long time.

Apart from this, its search engine optimization that greatly helps towards a website becoming evermore popular and appearing more frequently on related search results. With DTR we had the proficiency to become optimized however , did not probe deep enough to become more aware of this fact. Basically, whenever a user searches for anything in a word engine, Google for example will base search results on how relevant the words searched for apply to a website. Thus its pretty easy to comprehend that the more relevant key words a website uses such as descriptive alt tags, relevant title tags as well as the fist 100 words in the body section containing all key words that would help describe the site. More key words that are relevant to each other, will hold a higher percentage of becoming a top search result.

To achieve this, as stated, its imperative to make sure all tags are associated with relative description of what the site is about. For example an alt / descriptive tag of banner or div tag of an anime stream site, would hold some key words not only relevant but applicable to search results that an average user would actually search for , such as "English, Dubbed, Anime". Further more, attention a website has will also increase the percentage share of a search result. In light of that we have decided to expand our social awareness by creating a twitter account, and wiki related pages which will be made eventually!.

I hope this short summary helped clarify why and how we will be resolving the issue. For a much MORE detailed read which covered many more aspects (apart from adverting as 70% of the links search users click on are organic, not paid. A true sites success is how optimized and relevant it is, not how much adds there are)

Section 1.1 - Basic Diagram of DT and SEO guidelines.

The following diagram is some simple common practices for gaining attention to users. NOTE this is a basic example, what you are about to see, is some key tips as well as what we will be rolling out to gain more attention, further more the Diagram will show some flaws that DT have in which has caused a lower user visit

Section 2 - INDEXATION & ACCESSIBILITY
    coming soon

2. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I have read the report it. I’m impressed by how you managed to get all of that data about the website hits!! I think there is a lot more to it than the tags. But, it’s a pretty obvious place to start!

I downloaded the PDF document and cannot stop laughing. You made it in Powerpoint then saved it as a PDF and threw in some pictures of Misaka xD Bahahahahahaha!!!

3. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    lol that was actually all done in word :p and yes i couldn't help myself :L

4. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Now if you could help me with Japanesediscovery.tk XD
    piss poor stats... http://puu.sh/8hdW4.png

5. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I must say even though i am not one for making websites that was very informative and easy to follow saywut well done. Also i would be a bit disappointed if there wasnt a pic of misaka somewhere in it.

6. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    @sayWut I just had a quick look through the PDF and I have to say that is very well put together. It was clear and easy to follow and made me realise there is so much more to web design than simply making cool looking site. This gives me a lot of confidence in DT and DTR's future.

7. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    @keiichi-morisato
    Im sure I can help that ^^

@wampa
    @bk-201

very glad you to liked it and found it easy to follow ^^

On the same note, I will be uploading a diagram and such with the key points of seo with a website layout example.

8. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Thread up dates diagram has been added, in which this time slightly focused on DT more.

9. The-Gunney Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    McAfee's site adviser has also be giving me a no-go for this site had to make it stfu. That may be scaring away some patrons.

10. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    McAfee’s site adviser has also be giving me a no-go for this site had to make it stfu. That may be scaring away some patrons.

@the-gunney

hmmm that could have been a few reasons as to why, However a high majority of respectable review websites have rated this as a trusted site, and McAfees site adviser isn't exactly "top" notch for scanning sites in all honesty. A print screen of what it displayed would be good.