Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

A Silent Voice - Koe no Katachi Manga to End in 3 More Volumes

Discussion in 'Manga News' started by Sir-Maddy, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Manga creator Yoshitoki Ōima reported in this year's 16th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine on Wednesday that her A Silent Voice - Koe no Katachi manga will end in about three more volumes. The manga's newest 22-page chapter will have a color opening page in the magazine's upcoming issue.

Ōima began the manga as a one-shot in Kodansha's Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in 2011, and then turned the story into a full series in the main Shonen Magazine last August. Kodansha is publishing the third volume this month, and the three volumes have 700,000 copies in circulation.

Crunchyroll is releasing the series as Kodansha publishes the manga in Japan. Crunchyroll will release all the chapters published thus far on Saturday, with the latest chapter debuting as it is published in Japan on April 8 at 7:00 p.m. ET. Crunchyroll describes the story:

I wish we had never met. I wish we could meet once again. A boy who can hear, Shoya Ishida, and a transfer student who can't, Shoko Nishimiya. One fateful day, the two meet, and Shoya leads the class in bullying Shoko. But before long, the class shifts its target from Shoko to Shoya. Years later, Shoya feels strongly that he must see Shoko once again.
    Oima herself adds, “People living in isolation. I wrote this story out of a desire to write about people living distant, isolated lives. Nothing would make me happier than if you all read my story.”

The upcoming issue of Shonen Magazine is also announcing that the fourth compiled book volume of Gamon Sakurai's Ajin - Demi-Human will ship on May 7. The series' first three volumes have 1.5 million copies in circulation. Crunchyroll is also releasing the series, starting with the first two chapters on Saturday.