Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

A Silent Voice Anime Film's Visual, Teaser Video, Release Date, More Staff Revealed

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    The official website for Kyoto Animation's anime film adaptation of Yoshitoki Ōima's A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi) manga opened on Friday to reveal the film's release date, teaser visual, teaser video, more staff, and main character designs.

Text: The best-selling comic with more than 2.5 million copies printed.
    Text: Original work: Yoshitoki Ōima
    Text: Those biting words were stuck to her.
    Text: Animation production: Kyoto Animation (K-ON! film, Tamako Love Story)
    Narrator: Your voice wounded me, but even still, I want to hear your voice.
    Text: Director: Naoko Yamada x Scriptwriter: Reiko Yoshida x Character Designer: Futoshi Nishiya
    Text: I want to see you again.
    Narrator: A Silent Voice film.

The film will open in Japan on September 17. Shochiku had previously listed that the film would open this fall.
    [​IMG]
    Naoko Yamada (Tamako Market, Tamako Love Story, K-ON's two anime seasons and anime film) is directing the film at Kyoto Animation. Reiko Yoshida (Non Non Biyori, K-ON!, Yowamushi Pedal) is writing the script, and Futoshi Nishiya (Free!, Hyōka, Nichijō) is designing the characters for animation. Shochiku will distribute the film.
    [​IMG]
    Crunchyroll describes the original manga's story:
    I wish we had never met. I wish we could meet once again. A boy who can hear, Shoya Ishida, and a transfer student who can't, Shoko Nishimiya. One fateful day, the two meet, and Shoya leads the class in bullying Shoko. But before long, the class shifts its target from Shoko to Shoya. Years later, Shoya feels strongly that he must see Shoko once again.​

Ōima began the manga as a one-shot in Kodansha's Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in 2011, and then turned the story into a full series in the main Shonen Magazine in August 2013. Kodansha published the manga's final chapter in November 2014. Kodansha Comics is publishing the manga in print in North America, and it will release the seventh and final volume in May. Crunchyroll released the series in English simultaneously as Kodansha published new chapters in Japan.​