Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

A.I.Channel

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Supernatural-Knight, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Okay so it would have been two weeks or so ago that I stumbled upon this courtesy of a different anime related youtube channel. The next stage of youtube, "virtual" youtubers is upon us.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4YaOt1yT-ZeyB0OmxHgolA/videos
    Basically I was wondering if anyone on here had heard of or had watched any Ai Chan videos before. If not, I'm definitely curious what you think about this idea.

I have to admit I didn't think much of it at first. But umm... I've grown to like them.....
    I honestly don't know what the hell to think anymore.

Please someone else tell me that you have watched some of these before.

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't even know it was a thing until today. I've always heard the Microsoft text-to-speech voice for the vocally shy that normally do tutorials, if they don't type it up in notepad or something. But never a full AI-like personality.

Can't say I'm a fan though, not until there is something in my language so I'm not reading a video. I'm not a fan of subs, so having to pay more attention to the subtitles than the content they're covering is a buzz kill for me. If I wanted to read a review, I would have looked up articles in my language that review the product I'm interested in.

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Vashnik I doubt it is a full AI anyway. I've read plenty of comments about it being more likely motion capture from someones face. Who knows? Well the creator does but I find it humorous that she always falls back to saying something along the lines of "I'm an AI so I can do it".
    That was how I felt at first as well, I couldn't believe that no one had posted about this channel when I found out. She has been around since december so you'd think someone here would have done it before now.

But I find it to be hilarious on occasion even without subtitles, some of her faces just make me laugh. Then again I am use to subs now, I prefer anime with subs than in english so it isn't like this is an issue for me here.
    Two videos in particular I cracked up on was her talking to Siri and being annoyed at the responses and the learning english one.

4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    "UNAC-01, engaging."