Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

A Christmas Carol

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Ddos_Dragon, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Film Club's December 2016 nomination was 'A Christmas Carol'.

Before I start, allow me to tag the people who participated in the nomination.

@Sporadic, @SkeLo

"An animated retelling of Charles Dickens' classic novel about a Victorian-era miser taken on a journey of self-redemption, courtesy of several mysterious Christmas apparitions."

So, the film was quite a wonderful retelling, in my book -- I'm happy that the writers decided to include as much from the original as they did, for example:

"Hear me, Scrooge. There are some upon this Earth of yours who claim to know me and my brothers, and do their deeds of ill will and selfishness in our name. These so-called 'men of the cloth' are as strange to me and my kin as if they'd never existed. Charge their doings to them, not us."

It was certainly refreshing to see GOOD CG, as opposed to the Japanese BS I'm used to. Overall, a 7/10. :)

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SkeLo Trophy Hunter Content Manager

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    I have always liked this version of the classic due to Jim Carey playing such a iconic role as the lead character, with an ensemble of other actors doing voice ins as well made it for me, the range of passion and character development each voice actor brought to the movie.

Never been much of a fan of CG but since such other movies like the Final Fantasy franchise, Resident Evil as well Ex Machina have learnt to enjoy but this movie plays it well esp. for its time.

• Like Like x 1