Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

1st New Initial D Anime Film's Full Trailer Confirms New Cast

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Sir-Maddy, May 16, 2014.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Production company avex entertainment began streaming the full trailer for Shin Gekijō-ban Initial D Legend 1 -Kakusei- (New Initial D the Movie Legend 1: Awakening) on Wednesday. The film is the first in a planned trilogy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_imvue3CQw[/youtube]

The trailer confirms the new cast:

- Mamoru Miyano as Takumi Fujiwara
    - Yūichi Nakamura as Keisuke Takahashi
    - Daisuke Ono as Ryōsuke Takahashi
    - Maaya Uchida as Natsuki Mogi
    - Minoru Shiraishi as Itsuki Takeuchi
    - Hiroaki Hirata as Bunta Fujiwara

The previous Initial D anime projects featured a different cast:

- Shinichiro Miki as Takumi Fujiwara
    - Tomokazu Seki as Keisuke Takahashi
    - Takehito Koyasu as Ryōsuke Takahashi
    - Ayako Kawasumi as Natsuki Mogi
    - Mitsuo Iwata as Itsuki Takeuchi
    - Unshou Ishizuka as Bunta Fujiwara

The film trilogy will retell the beginning of the story from Shuuichi Shigeno's original car-racing manga. High school student Takumi Fujiwara works as a gas station attendant during the day and a delivery boy for his father's tofu shop during late nights. Little does he know that his precise driving skills and his father's modified Toyota Sprinter AE86 Trueno make him the best amateur road racer on Mt. Akina's highway. Because of this, racing groups from all over the Gunma prefecture issue challenges to Takumi to see if he really has what it takes to be a road legend.

The first new film will open throughout Japan on August 23. Advance tickets are now on sale for 1,200 yen (about US$12) with a Akina Speed Stars stickers, while suplies last.

Masamitsu Hidaka (Linebarrels of Iron, Pokémon, The Sacred Blacksmith) is directing at Sanzigen and LIDEN FILMS. Mayori Sekijima (Arata: The Legend, Phi-Brain - Puzzle of God, Skip Beat!) wrote the screeenplay, and Akio Dobashi (Dance in the Vampire Bund, Sisters of Wellber, Yozakura Quartet) scored the soundtrack.

Shigeno's original manga follows Takumi Fujiwara, a high school boy with a natural talent for driving, in his racing pursuits on the public highways. The manga debuted in Kodansha's Young Magazine in 1995, and Shigeno ended the manga last July. It has over 48 million copies in circulation.

The manga inspired several television anime series (including the Fifth Stage that ran in 2012), a live-action film, several original video anime projects, and a successful game line. The manga's final battles will also be adapted into a new anime series called Final Stage.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    No no no no no. They can't change the vocal cast of this franchise, the originals were amazing, I won't accept this change. @batosai what do you think of this news?
    For the final stage they better get back the original VA's, new ones for a recap are fine enough but when it comes to the new footage I want the voices I'm familiar with. 5 seasons and they now want to change them, seriously piss off.

Pros
    Animation wise it looks good

Cons
    Different VA's
    Recap movies for episodes that already have recap movies
    MOVE has disbanded so they probably won't be providing anything for the soundtrack for these movies or the final stage.

3. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I agree @supernatural-knight. Why the change of a 20 something year cast to a new one that doesnt know the energy and feel of the series???

Also what the hell??? The movie was just supposed to be the final battle between the 2 86's

4. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I wouldn't worry about it. There will be a movie and a new series if i'm correct. Most of the Dragon Ball movies had different VA's. It happens. If the normal cast is back for the final series, i'm fine with it. Although the movie will stink.