Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Release Club's Blood Lad Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Blood Lad

Staz is the vampire boss of a section of the demon world, but he has little interest in human blood. He's more infatuated with Japanese culture. When he learns that Yanagi Fuyumi, a Japanese teenage girl, accidentally wanders into the demon city, he jumps to the occasion. However, while Staz deals with an intruder on his turf, the oblivious Fuyumi is killed by a monster and becomes a wandering ghost. The disappointed Staz vows to her that he will find a way to bring Fuyumi back to life.

According to the release date I have this will be airing some time tomorrow and hopefully it wont take more than a few hours to get subbed. But once again I decided to make the thread early rather than be too late since a few of you guys can be pretty eager sometimes to give your impressions.
    Well nothing left to do but wait it out.

2. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I'm posting here so nobody from staff can get +1 for this :D

Anyway, looking forward :)

3. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    ha lol!

This looks like it will be a good show, I plan to be active in this discussion for once ^^

4. Mal327 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First episode definitely lived up to my expectations

5. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    My first impression was "woah", but I think I'm gonna enjoy this anime. This is the first time I see a vampire that's an otaku

6. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Well that was pretty fun. Reminded me a little of Hataraku Maou-sama with the demon/vampire main char and the comedy.

I'm liking the setting, the humour and the plot seems alright too. 8/10 for first ep.

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Vampire otaku well you have to give the show credit for being original at the very least.

Okay so first thoughts, I liked it, it was simple enough to introduce some characters and didn't feel the need to go into too much depth about demonic territory or powers or anything. I knew this series was a supernatural comedy but I never expected it to be somewhat of a parody series too, so many Dragonball references including figures and manga plus a final fantasy reference "so theres nothing final about it" have to say caught my attention.

Okay now that she's been eaten and died like we all knew, what comes next? She wants to return home but cannot stay there so what is the main goal for this visit for her since we all know Staz's priorities.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Oh yeah i forgot to mention those Dragon Ball references. The part about gathering magic balls and the dragon was hilarious :D

9. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Vampire otaku well you have to give the show credit for being original at the very least.

Okay so first thoughts, I liked it, it was simple enough to introduce some characters and didn’t feel the need to go into too much depth about demonic territory or powers or anything. I knew this series was a supernatural comedy but I never expected it to be somewhat of a parody series too, so many Dragonball references including figures and manga plus a final fantasy reference “so theres nothing final about it” have to say caught my attention.

Okay now that she’s been eaten and died like we all knew, what comes next? She wants to return home but cannot stay there so what is the main goal for this visit for her since we all know Staz’s priorities.

I liked the epic, guess this is gonna be one of those fun humorous animes to watch. I think they went into enough detail with out over doing it, keeping it brief as they did seemed to be fitting. When she died the face on the skull did make me laugh just looked so helpless!

I think that they will either go to the human world straight away, or end up sticking around for an ep or so. Perhaps they are followed into the human world by someone , Idk. With the boss possibly being gone I can imagine that some problems will arise in the demon world, someone will catch on that hes gone.

10. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    My first impression was “woah”, but I think I’m gonna enjoy this anime. This is the first time I see a vampire that’s an otaku

You'd like Hataraku Maou-sama!
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/15809/Hataraku_Maou-sama!/

Same VA as Maou [Maou-Sama] Haruto [Valvrave] Vali [Highschool DxD New] Marco [Shingeki no Kyojin]
    ‎#Winning

This has gotten off to a great start. High energy and a cute girl. Funny too!
    And the aforementioned otaku demon.

11. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Natsu Dragneel wrote:
    My first impression was “woah”, but I think I’m gonna enjoy this anime. This is the first time I see a vampire that’s an otaku

You’d like Hataraku Maou-sama!

http://myanimelist.net/anime/15809/Hataraku_Maou-sama!/

Same VA as Maou [Maou-Sama] Haruto [Valvrave] Vali [Highschool DxD New] Marco [Shingeki no Kyojin]
    ‎#Winning

This has gotten off to a great start. High energy and a cute girl. Funny too!
    And the aforementioned otaku demon.

I watched the anime last season, I enjoyed the anime

12. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Boring episode. Many jokes this ep weren't funny at all imo. Disappointed :( And that MC girl is very lame.

13. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I lost touch with the club last season. Need to get back in this season.

Anyway this is looking like a fun series. I actually knew nothing about blood Lad going into this so the girl dying actually surprised me (although it was easy to see coming when the plant was seen crawling the building). I like the use of parodies in this series. The jokes are still amusing even if you don't know what they are parodying. Like if you somehow didn't know about DBZ they show he got the "Get the magic balls" idea from a manga so you get the joke without even having to know where it is from. Although the joke is more effective if you do know.

The second episode was good to. Less jokes in this episode and more plot set up but I found it ammusing and I made this

14. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'm not completely sure how I feel about this one. It's starting off okay but more time will be needed to give it an extensive opinion.

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    So after a decent first episode, it had a fine 2nd one. Can't say it is what I expected from it but it isn't too bad currently. My thoughts, doesn't the warping chick remind anyone of another character? Plus sharing blood with the disappearing ghost how nice, but returning home to heal before facing the final boss "real men don't think they act" so just do it straight away...
    That spray too, where do I find one that is just as effective I need it for reasons...

Also rice ball anyone, I see that the creators took that literally this time.

16. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Alright, 3rd episode. Seemed enjoyable enough. Already confident I'll be sticking with this one for the season. It has a genuinely balanced usage of multiple genre and themes doing well to not focus on one much more than the other. Nicely executing the supernatural demon world setting while keeping some of its aspects reminiscent of the human world. The plot is rich with comedy which allows fluid transitions through the conflict, climax and resolution of the adventurous story without the plot becoming too stale with repetitive action. Looking forward to future episodes.

17. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    What he said ^

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    So episode 3..

19. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Episode 5- This is definately progressing nicely. Staz is getting his "True power" early on so we'll see where things go from there and the girl might end up with demon powers of her own.

20. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'm liking this show a lot. I wasn't putting a lot of hope in it being really good. But I have been waiting since last year for this to come out. It's paid off being patient for it because it has quickly become one of my favorites for the season.