Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children: How did you like the movie?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to hear from some hardcore FF7 fans how they liked Advent Children. I've heard some pretty different opinions about it so I was just curious how everyone here enjoyed it.

2. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    idk about being a cardcore FF7 fan, but i did play the game and i very much loved the movie

3. Kusanagi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The movie seemed like it was aiming to just be awesome CG action with reappearances by the favorites in the cast.  With its length I don't think it wanted to break off into its own compelling story or anything crazy.  If its aim was limited to that, I think it performed it well.  It's basically fanservice, and I'm okay with that.

4. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Well, the animation in the film is pretty. But, I thought the plot was a bit silly. The film really was just to show off the graphics that Square have at their disposal. It drags on a bit as well. Let's face it we all watched for the fight scene between Cloud and Sephiroth. It's not exactly something I would recommend all fans of Final Fantasy 7 or the series to watch.

5. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    As a fan of FF7, the film is a disappointment compared to its source material. It has none of the feels or emotional weight that the game had. There was still plenty of room for character development that they just didn't even bother with. It was all basically just an excuse to get Cloud and Sephiroth duking it out again; everything else between that was filler. The action scenes at least delivered for the most part, but it could have been so much more. I don't know why they decided to go lazy on the story. Gave it a 6/10.

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Well let me put it this way, It could have been worse.
    Basically this. You watch it for the fight scene at the end. At least that was pretty cool. With the falling buildings and everything, it could have passed as a trailer for a remake of the game. Even had a finishing move at the end. Dialogue was meh but at least the dub wasn't as bad as I feared. Probably because they would go on to use those same guys in the dissidia games.

7. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    it was boring for the entire 5/6th of the show. Cloud being emo is something i didnt expect from all the hype i got from me friends. they were like "DUDE!! you got to watch that shit. it just plain awesomeness" (with lots of exaggeration).

good thing i watched it in the afternoon where everything was hot and humid and my lively active part of the day. i usually watch things at night when its movies and i might have slept this if i did.

i played crisis core and on my way to finishing it and it a bit took the boring part and explained a bit as to why cloud was so emo on that movie. still it was boring.

cant argue about the graphics and the fight scenes though.. they were great but that dont move a person who doesnt care about graphics like me.

8. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Not only did I play FF7, I beat the Weapons. If you know what that means, you know that only people who are insane or have too much time on their hands (I was the latter) go through the trouble of beating the Weapons.

So, what did I think of the movie? Yeah...it was a good action flick set in the world of Final Fantasy 7. It wasn't really a "Final Fantasy" movie in that there wasn't much of the story and character development that the series is know for, but for what it is, it does a pretty decent job. If you turn your brain off and just let the cool action scenes happen, it's pretty enjoyable. It's not a classic by any means but it's definitely worth a watch if you already know stuff about the game...and you have to know things about the game because the movie explains nothing and you'll be really confused if you don't.