Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Dimension W

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Dimension W

[​IMG]

In the year 2072, the world's energy problems seem solved by a network of cross-dimensional electric-field inductors—"coils"—that extract energy from a seemingly infinite source. That source is the W dimension, a fourth plane that exists beyond the X, Y, and Z dimensions.

In this world, unofficial "illegal" coils harness powers that the police can't hope to counter. Dealing with these coils is the job of coil-hating repo man Kyoma, whose run-in with the unique coil android Mira leads the two to form a reluctant partnership.​

I believe this will be releasing the first episode subbed sometime in the next 12 hours or so, until then we don't really have that much to talk about. So with that being said, who's expecting what?

Honestly this is one that didn't really interest me but can't be helped now so I'm just hoping it'll be better than what I was expecting.

2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I was expecting good things and boy did it deliver. The opening right off the bat with Kyoma dancing and displaying the way he fights really felt characteristic of Spike from Cowboy Bebop which got me hyped before the show even got started. The setting we knew was taking place in the year 2072 so I was expecting it to be futuristic which it was. Still some of the old world way of living remained, and that's how Kyoma is trying to live his life. Yet, to continue to live this lifestyle he has to take up the job of being a Collector.

Essentially the world's energy problems seem solved by the W dimension.Then there's the unofficial "illegal" coils that harness powers that can't hope to countered by conventional means. As you can imagine this posses a serious threat and problem. It's the job of a Collector to retrieve these illegal coils and this is where Kyoma's story begins to unfold.

Kyoma takes up a job given to him by Marie to go and retrieve some illegal coils. However, things don't go quite according to plan. During his encounter with the criminals responsible he has a run-in with Mira a unique coil android. Now the whole reason Mira is there is a rather ironic one. Her father as she calls him, but to be more accurate maybe her creator is ill and the one responsible for creating the W dimension with the help of his late wife. While out getting water she has the unfortunate run in with these criminals and is captured. This is when Kyoma makes for his grand appearance and turns the lights out for everyone except the figure head. He grabs Mira telling Kyoma to stop and not move in a ill attempt to escape, only to be told his jobs not to rescue the girl. Not only that he doesn't care what would happen to her going so far as to provoke the criminal to shoot her. It's not the first time iv'e seen this characteristic portrayed and he definitely came off as cold and heartless. I only wish to see a emotional development further down the line. Now little does our criminal know Mira is far from ordinary. She easily throws him across the room knocking him out shortly after. She then proceeds to walk over to Kyoma crying because she had to break a rule from Dr. Yurizaki. With a single slap he is knocked unconscious. He later awakens to find Albert from the Dimensional Administrative Bureau or "DAB" for short. Albert then proclaims he'll be confiscating one of the illegal coils. For what purpose is still unclear or what even becomes of them. I'm hoping to get a answer because so far it's seemingly evident that Marie isn't a part of the DAB. Later Kyoma drives off and remembers Mari took the remaining illegal cores before passing out. Mari's reason for taking them is so Yurizaki can continue to live, just like Tony Stark from Iron Man with the whole arc reactor deal. Kyoma then turns around to go and hunt her down. He eventually does and has a encounter on a rooftop subduing her. During their encounter the "DAB" locates Dr. Yurizaki. They tell him to hand over the research he has and also to secure him. Yurizaki holding resentment, anger, and hate towards the "DAB" being responsible for the deaths of his Wife & daughter unleashes the power of this new coil. It's powers so immense caused a tremendous shock-wave and EMP like effect that burned up illegal and regular coils in the blast zone. It's still unknown if Yurizaik is dead or alive or what became of Albert. Due to the coils burning up Kyoma takes Mira with him hoping to get at least some kind of payment since now without the coils she has been rendered immobile. Back at Marie's they get Mira back up and running with a new coil. There shocked by her construction and how she is built. When Mira wakes up she slaps Kyoma which I feel is going to be a running gag. Afterwards though she pleads to do whatever they ask of her to let her help in retrieving illegal cores. For what purpose is left shrouded and it's unknown if they'll accept her request. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

For what I'm hoping to see is more information on the DAB and what Marie's organization really is. Also, what clues or secrets does Mira have and I'm awfully curious to know why Kyoma is so cold and emotionless along with why he hates coils so much.

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Good first episode. Definitely gives the same feel as the lines of Bebop or Shamploo. Hopefully this one follows Shanploo's more solid story line and complete ending and doesn't waste time with a dozen filler episodes against boring random bad guys only to cram the entire plot into a few episodes.

In any case the concept for the coils is cool and the idea of the MC findng a robot girl with emotions connected to a big conspiracy is an old but classic plot that I've honestly missed as I haven't seen it done again like this for several years.

At the very least I'm certain this anime will earn a 7/10 if not better.

4. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Still working on trying to picture the state of the world, but so far its got me intrigued.

5. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Well just watched episode two and we got a little more information. We learn more about Mira's past this episode which was pulled off in brilliant execution with that system override. For some reason I find myself to really like Marie's character. Mysterious, intelligent, and not afraid to speak her mind. She more or less told Kyouma to take responsibility for his actions and to watch over Mira since he brought her there. I even felt like for once we got to see some emotion in Kyouma maybe a feeling of regret or remorse due to him not believing Mira's story about her father. From there they pair up, although it was apparent that Kyouma isn't none to thrilled about it. ​

We also get introduced to a new character Loser who brought a lot to the table. Loseris being pursued by Kyouma during one of his heist. He comes off as a real miscreant, and not really looking to pick a fight with Kyouma. Kyouma&Loser even fought back-to-back which was very entertaining to watch. His skills were also very notable being on a seemingly level playing field with Kyouma. Then to add the cherry on the top this fella is knowledgeable. He explained some of Kyouma's past which was a great way of the show revealing this to us. Loser's not a loser in my book. Already dying with anticipation to see him make another grand entrance. And his son also leaves you wanting to know more about him, then lastly you have Mira who shows some spectacular analytical skills. I digress at last because I don't wish to delve to deeply into things thus spoiling this episodes greatest highlights. Overall a very solid episode. Progression was good, kept to the story, OST was great, plot leaves you intrigued, and nicely animated action. ​

6. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Finished episode three and although it didn't progress the story much, it did make me crack a smile or two. Mira trying to connect with Kyouma more was cute. Even her getting her own place and being all excited about it. It was even a breath of fresh air how Mira interacted with the children and how they later keep her secret. More focus oriented episode with character interactions and world building, but still a great episode.

As for the important stuff we got to learn a little more about these numbers. It wasn't shocking to learn that they would be more powerful. Also, from the looks there seem to be numerous numbers out there so we may be in for a treat. Lastly, there was Claire the COO of New Tesla. Her character seems interesting enough. Was even well thought out how to tie together a reason why she vouched for Kyouma to get him out of jail. Were slowly being introduced to new characters and all, but I'm waiting to see how the story ties them altogether and into place. Then, lastly we get a little more insight on Kyouma's past although it's nothing groundbreaking. Can't wait until next week. That cliff hanger ending though. Things are going to heat up rather quickly I think.

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I was torn between laughing and crying a little on the inside when I saw Mira holding her head in her lap.

8. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Wrapped up episode 7 just now and must say it's entertaining and interesting at the same time. After such a long wait we get to see Kyouma's past (Thank you thank you thank you). Let me just say it's a rather tragic past and I can understand his hatred of the coils now. Moving along further into the episode we got Prince Salva (correct me if i'm wrong on the name) and other collectors heading to the Easter Islands in search of this coil. Let me say if anyone has played Rise of the Tome Raider it's very reminiscent of the island your stranded on. Except of strong tides and lightning you've got severe crashing waves, intense winds, and water spouts. Certainly not a place you go out of your way to visit unless there is a incentive to which there is. The Prince offered up a 50 million reward to the first one to retrieve the coil. Now don't worry Kyouma's not the type to get left behind. He is bringing up the rear with his own game plan in mind. Can't wait till next week.

9. Dan Wolfear20 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Really love this Anime, especially the opening song and the ending one isn't to bad either. It seem to be quite a unique story with sort of a retrofide computer baste design while sticking with the crucial design.

I will edit my review later as I get to the end.