Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Clannad: Which Back Story Was The Saddest In Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Yasachii, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Yasachii Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would have to say that Kotomi's backstory probably made me feel the saddest compared to the rest of the back stories for each character. When I first watched the anime, I am not even sure why I did not cry that much. But after rewatching it with my boyfriend, it made me bawl just like various other scenes throughout the story.

It was extremely sad to one day, be expecting to see her parents come home from their trip to them no longer existing in the world anymore. I felt so horrible for Kotomi. Especially with how she felt it was her fault her parents were gone because she felt she was selfish and was being punished. I could not help but cry with her.

I also thought it was miraculous, how far the suitcase from her parents had traveled. It was amazing that from their plane crash into the sea, the suitcase managed to find it's way to Kotomi. It was amazing and also brought tears to my eyes. Granted, it was entirely part of the back story, I felt I had to share that.

2. Nonononoki Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0
  3. TheMojdak Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I felt more of a connection with Tomoyo's story. Well maybe because they gave a dedicated OVA to her arc but I liked her characters the best out of all the girls. Although it might not be the saddest (I mean, Nagisa still takes the cake on that one) it was the one that moved me the most after the main arc.

4. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I'll be honest: though I love Nagisa to death, I cried a bit during Kotomi's story. I liked hers because, even after death, her parents forgave her for what she did.

Also, is there any reason why Kyou had zero story? I haven't really played the VN that much, so I'm not sure whether or not they cover it there.

5. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    If we're talking backstory, it'd have to be Kotomi's. Being a little kid and being told that both your parents are dead, and it was also her birthday, wasn't it?
    But I found the Fuko arc sadder. That bit where even Tomoya and Nagisa forgot her was the saddest part in the entire anime.
    And now, my mini-rant on Nagisa. Her parents choose to change their lifestyle, and she won't stop bitching about how it's her fault and that she's the victim. IMO, her arc brought down the entire thing.

6. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I cried for everything. Loved it all.

7. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Kakaka, nice job bringing this thread back into "recent posts"~
    Now that I've watched After Story too, I stand by what I said in previous post.
    Oh, and Clannad worst KyoAni. Didn't cry once.

8. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

9. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Nani sore?
    [​IMG]

10. BlackHeartedRose The Bookworm

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    I love Clannad...have to say all of them have gotten to me except for Kyou cause I never liked her in the first place and to be honest I skip the alternative arcs because Nagisa and Tomoya are destined to be together. (In my opinion of course.) Kotomi's really was sad. It brought me to tears....so did the Fuko arc too actually...

11. hikarioreno Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It would have to be a tie between Fu-chan and Nagisa. I really connected with them both because they both demonstrated parts of my life at the time. I was sick with all sorts of stuff when I watched Clannad so I had the feels for Nagisa, but now that I'm better and thinking back on it I had the feels the most for Fuko because we both have the same personality (I am literally that hyper) and so I felt the closest with her.