Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Chobits] Love and robots!?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Jaysp656, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Does loving robot the same as a normal person to person relationship?

I mean, Chii is adapts throughout the show to the point she can talk and appears to have a natural curiosity, but I kind of cringe at the idea of it.

2. Tim the anime fan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    it seems to be a little odd, but i guess love goes beyond blood, color, or uh gears. lol

3. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I don't see why not. If a robot can think for itself and be its own unique person, whether or not the parts underneath are made of metal or bone is a rather superfluous consideration.

PS. Chobits is awesome.

4. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think Chobits is an exception.
    The creator of persocoms left Chi and her sister the program to change all persocoms - to make them more human, basically. That's why at the end of the anime (I can't recall the manga so, sorry if it's different) after Chi activates the program, all persocoms eyes change to appear even more human. It gives persocoms the ability to feel. So it's fine for a person to fall in love, or be with a persocom.

5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    if its just loving, then i see no reason why not. i mean its just loving a thing/person/place like the usual kind of love.

being on a relationship with a non-living thing however is something i havent come in terms with yet. ive seen news article about people marrying things like car, pillow, boat, or even a house. it gives me goosebumps whenever i read those kind of news. then i thought of scenarios as to why they would do such. it could be the society they are in are bad and they are neglected. this is true for some east asian countries where moral standards as high as fak (but it pains my brain why they take sex jokes like its just breathing air). i thought that maybe they lost hope in humanity and they just give their love and affection to things.