Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Boogiepop Phantom Discussion

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by VeritasOdiumParit, Aug 25, 2014.

1. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    So I just watched the first episode of Boogiepop Phantom... All I can say is that it reminds me of Serial Experiments Lain so far. With the ambient atmosphere. Small amounts of dialogue that seem like outbursts of conversations. With a lot of WTF moments xD I have a feeling this anime will be right up my street!!

2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    So how's it going now? I know I didn't give this anime a fair chance. So Serial Experiments Lain is smiler huh? I don't know if I like that comparison ;)
    I recall you saying you also liked Paranoia Agent (Which I also severely disliked). How about Eva? If I was disgusted with that one then maybe you'll love it :). An alternative to that one would be Rahxephon, that has a bunch of mumbo jumbo towards the end.

I think your my opposite, liking the anime that I don't :). I should list off the ones I despised for your benefit!

3. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Boogiepop Phantom was good!! I felt the ending didn't wrap up the way I wanted it to though!! Still, yeah it is very much like Serial Experiments Lain which I thoroughly enjoyed!! (Need to rewatch it at some point). With the ambient atmosphere, and depressing story. It was right up my street! I am a huge fan of Paranoia Agent!! It's my favourite show :D (I'm clearly the only fan boy on this site for these sort of anime)!

Yes, I loved Evangelion!! Can't wait for the 3rd movie to come out over here in the UK!! Won't be till 2015 though!! ={

You are right Doom, I think you have met your match. You and I couldn't possibly be more polar opposite. (Although, I'm sure you and I can agree on some anime)! You know what they about opposites right...???

4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    They do battle until the end of time where the two could no longer remember why or when the battle ever took place?

If I run into an anime like those mentioned I'll be sure to mention it to you. I think I know what your talking about.

5. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @Doomguy you should have recommended Texhnolyze as well. I just watched the first episode. It is more or less like Boogiepop Phantom and Serial Experiments Lain.

Looking back at this thread, I now realise that I've nearly forgotten the entire plot to Boogiepop Phantom!!

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah I hear that does follow that style but I haven't seen it yet. Every once in a while I would skim through my (too long) list of anime and that one always sticks out.

This might be a bit of a stretch but Ergo Proxy could fit your interests. Of course if we're opposites then I wonder how you would see that one if I thought it was merely okay.

7. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @Doomguy I've already seen Ergo Proxy. I really enjoyed it :p It got me into Radiohead xD