Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Absolute Duo

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Laximus, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Laximus Espada | Anime Dealer

Ratings:
    +965 / 0 / -0
    The story begins with Blaze—a weapon that is the manifestation of a human's soul. Tooru Kokonoe happens to be qualified for this, but for some reason his Blaze is not a weapon, but a shield. Moreover, he enrolled in a school that teaches combat skills, and thanks to the school's Duo partner system, he ends up living with a beautiful silver-haired girl.

MAL gives it a 7.07 rating.

What do you Justdubians think of Absolute Duo?

2. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Final episode aired, so time for some thoughts. While the first episode really hooked me with the concept of Blazes and the mystery of what exactly was an Absolute Duo that this crazy school was working to create. A light coat of harem with a helping of action and unraveling the plot and I'd have been happy. Lol. When does that ever happen. This ends up being one of those clear examples of a LN adaptation where something is clearly going on in the source material that doesn't make it and is instead filled with....nothing. Admittedly the visuals and character designs are nice and colorful and watching Julie fight is artful until I realized it was like watching a dual-wielding feather. Artistic (sort of) and then the enemy sneezes and she goes flying.

As this is a harem, let me take a moment to pick on the MC a bit. For once he is not the only male in the school. Not that it matters since all other males and his friend get brushed aside quickly for those of the opposite sex. Instead his unique feature is his Blaze is a shield rather than a weapon, (oh and he can punch with an energy fist). Some call it OP, I'd disagree. Im not sure he really knows how to effectively use them. The one bright part of the harem: The each try for a separate role: Wife, Friend, Duo, and Crush.

Bottom line: An average action-harem that doesn't advance the plot im interested in. 6/10

3. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I freaking loved it.... 100/10

It looked like a harem at first.... And then it became so much more.

The dynamic between Julie and Tor was legend.

Other girls provided additional eye candy.

The only downside was how underpowered the MC was throughout the entire show, he didn't really get much stronger.

The music in this show was fantastic. I've been spoiled recently with shows with great ops/eds (noragami, trinity seven).

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    [​IMG]

5. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    I think you watched the show I was hoping for...

6. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]